Author Topic: Replica Griswold & Gunnison  (Read 9967 times)

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Re: Replica Griswold & Gunnison
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 12:12:05 PM »
That makes me feel better Treebeard , thought I was the only one kept old DGW catalogs forever .I remember purchasing  this G&G from a Kmart store for around 70 something bucks back then . It was in a box that said Reb revolver . Never forget on the way home thinking I should not have spent that much money on a gun . Blew our budget , somehow our little new family managed through  , was in the doghouse for a wk or two . Was my first bought on my own pistol and will stay with me till the end .,,,DT

Offline treebeard

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2018, 12:01:32 AM »
Lodgewood has( from time to time) defarbed G&G revolvers that have unique looks compared to out of the box repro’s.  They are more expensive than new ones but the difference is significant.

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 12:07:44 PM »
Lodgewood has( from time to time) defarbed G&G revolvers that have unique looks compared to out of the box repro’s.  They are more expensive than new ones but the difference is significant.
   They sure do make them look like a museum piece , had to do a double take when I first ran across them .,,,DT

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 07:56:37 PM »

Offline Jbar4Ranch

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2018, 10:54:42 PM »
I have a Griswold & Gunnison made by (marked) High Standard. Bought it new in 1976. Does not have any proof marks. Serial #013xx.
Shot it along with a 2nd Gen Colt 1851 Navy at a lot of cap & ball / muzzle loader matches about that time frame, never lost a match.
I have two marked High Standard and one marked Navy Arms - all three made by Uberti, from what I've read. I don't remember where I got this information from, but my database says only 2099 were imported by High Standard, numbered 00501 - 02600, between '74 and '76. My two are 008XX and 012XX. The Navy Arms branded one is 0225XX.

Offline Chance

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2018, 01:54:36 AM »
Pietta still offer the model shown by the OP along with a Dance Bros. and a Spiller & Burr.

Chance

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2018, 08:35:29 PM »
Very cool, in an ugly sorta way LOL!   ::) When I decided to do a .45 Kirst, I got a .44 caliber 1851 to Konvert.  I love the older lines, but I am not a fan of the .36 caliber.

I did a Cowboy Chronicle article on the 1851 about 15 years ago, though, and thoroughly enjoyed shooting it.  It was a Pietta 7.5" IIRC, and it was dead nuts accurate.  I can see why Wild Bill Hickok liked them.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2018, 02:27:49 PM »
Very cool, in an ugly sorta way LOL!   ::) When I decided to do a .45 Kirst, I got a .44 caliber 1851 to Konvert.  I love the older lines, but I am not a fan of the .36 caliber.

I did a Cowboy Chronicle article on the 1851 about 15 years ago, though, and thoroughly enjoyed shooting it.  It was a Pietta 7.5" IIRC, and it was dead nuts accurate.  I can see why Wild Bill Hickok liked them.
I take offense  to you calling my G&G ugly , I'll see you on the street at high noon , and you better be packin Pard . LOL,,DT

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2018, 03:23:24 PM »
I take offense  to you calling my G&G ugly , I'll see you on the street at high noon , and you better be packin Pard . LOL,,DT

haha!  I should talk.  I have an 1851 in 44 with a Kirst Konverter.  That is equally ugly! ;D
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com