Author Topic: Outstanding Henry USA Service  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Outstanding Henry USA Service
« on: October 05, 2017, 08:13:24 AM »
Well, I went to a large match last weekend, and had a FUBAR.  While I and all my posse mates are still scratching our heads over how it happened, the fact is I ended up with a squib in my Original Henry rifle and the followed it with another round.  How do you miss a full-house 44WCF BP round failing to fire?  They are rather obvious!  ???

At any rate, I ended up with a bulge in the barrel.  Of course, it was underneath the barrel shroud, which locked it up tighter than a flea's a** around a wagon wheel.

So, expecting a very expensive repair (replacement of barrel/magazine and shroud at the minimum), I called the Henry service department with some trepidation - expecting something along the lines of "You stupid !)@U&%@#!, How the hell did you manage to do that?  That's going to cost you big time to fix!".

Imagine my surprise when a very nice customer service rep named Patrick Hall told me they would rebarrel the rifle for $135 including the return shipping!  Now that is what I call truly above-and-beyond customer service.  His response was "We just want to make sure everyone is happy."  Well, this is darn sure one happy Henry customer!  ;D
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
Re: Outstanding Henry USA Service
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 11:45:02 AM »
Wow...This is impressive service!
Glad to hear there were no injuries other than to the gun.
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 12:01:56 PM »
The only major injury was to my ego!  :o 

Only "other folks" have squibs and damage the barrel......................
Learned Brother at Armes

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:51:18 PM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 12:10:14 PM »
I have heard nothing but really GOOD things about Henry Repeating Arms customer service.  Actually, REALLY GREAT things.

Um ....... Ah ...... Just how DOES a BP shooter wind up with a SQUIB????  I mean, not that it CAN'T happen after all.  It just seems kind of .... well ..... unusual???  Not that I be pokin fun atcha (I am) since that's a real expensive lesson.  OOPS comes to mind.

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 01:35:06 PM »
I'm truly scratching my head (at the same time I'm kicking my posterior) over it Coffinmaker.  Neither I nor anyone else on the posse noticed a squib.  As you say, they're hard to miss with BP - either you get thunder and smoke, or NADA.

I did have an odd occurence in the string, but can't figure out how it resulted in a bullet stuck in the bore.
1. Loaded 10 rounds, all with bullets in place
2. In the middle of the string, one round wouldn't chamber - lifter wouldn't rise.
3.  Looked into lifter and saw a case with no bullet, and the next round had partially entered the lifter, blocking it's rise.
4. Took a screwdriver and pushed the "next" cartridge back into the magazine, raised the cartridge with no bullet, chambered and then
   ejected it.
5. Proceeded to shoot the string.

The only thing I can figure is that the bullet set back into the case (maybe I got a smokeless round mixed in with the BP ammo so there was room for this), and then slid forward into the chamber when I chambered and extracted the brass.  But even then, it should have blocked the chamber so the next round wouldn't enter.

I'm so confused.............. ???

Learned Brother at Armes

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 03:06:35 PM »

Murphy!!  Had to be Murphy.  Murphy's first law of all things Mechanical or Explosive is ..... If ANYTHING can go wrong ... It WILL.  At the WORST possible moment.

There are also Gremlins.  Gremlins sneak in and do .... things.  No explication really.  Just .... things.

My solution.  Simple.  Shot of Tequila and pay the Piper (Henry).  Just make sure it's GOOD Tequila.  Cheap stuff just gives ya a headache.

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 05:25:18 PM »
Impressive, I wish they would make a 66 and 73.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 02:24:53 PM »
Coffinmaker - some good tequila is always in order!  And I sent the rifle with a check to Henry yesterday.  I hope to get it back in a few weeks.

Cliff - Me too!  I've already suggested to them that they build SAA's also.  I'd be first in line!
Learned Brother at Armes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com