Author Topic: Current Uberti Quality  (Read 7599 times)

Offline Virginia Gentleman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Here's a McRib for Allah
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
Current Uberti Quality
« on: November 29, 2005, 11:40:06 AM »
Is the current crop of Uberti revolvers on par with their importers like Cimarron, EMF etc?  Why would you buy a Uberti and not go to one of the importers?

Offline Galloway

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Current Uberti Quality
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 09:07:17 AM »
I've heard their quality is better than ever. Cost is one reason and avalibility could be another.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 10:58:58 AM »
Cimarron is probably the best in terms of quality of all the Uberti importers, followed by EMF and Taylors.  As far as cost, the importers are very close in price for what looks like the same thing and maybe a bit better since importers like Cimarron hold Uberti to certain quality standards.  I have been happy with the two Cimarrons I own, thus far, but getting them took some extra time since they were back ordered.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:56:24 AM »

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 01:33:13 PM »
I have a new pair of Cimarron Evil Roys that I won in a drawing at a match. I wouldn't have bought a pair, but they're really impressive. Now that I have them, I really like them. Excellent finish and good action.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • "I'm ordering you to volunteer again Sgt. Tyree...
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 03:03:03 PM »
My 5.5 inch Uberti 45 .cal Cattleman is very nice. I am going to put hard rubber Colt grips on it and it will look even better. It feels crisp and tight and looks great with the color-case hardened frame.

LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 03:27:25 PM »
The Cimarron's compared to the straight Ubertis seem much better out of the box, but from what I have been reading here and elsewhere, it seems Uberti has caught up to a large degree.  I guess I don't like the hammer block that Ubertis come with and Cimarrons don't have them to start.  They all have the useless feature of an extended base pine for a "Swiss Safety" to get them into the country.  The US Finish Cimarrons are excellent and are in my opinion a bit better than the Colt, but still shy of US Fire Arms quality.  Cimarrons are a lot cheaper for an everyday shooter and I got my Cimarron to keep the miles off the US Fire Arms I own.

Offline Texas Tall

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 03:40:09 PM »
I have three Uberti Cattleman that I've been using constantly for three years and have been real happy, fit finish etc.
Have see a few SAA Piettas lately (don't know what they are called in US) and  realy nice. Fit,finish lockup etc 1st rate and the action feels like you've paid to have it slicked, impressive.
Regards..Texas Tall. :) :)
 GSC 002
If you've gotta cheat ta win, you've only beaten y'self.
SASS# 47630
SA/Aust.2870
GSC 002

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 05:29:57 PM »
I guess the CNC machining and over 25 years of making SAA clones is starting to pay off.  Berretta has purchased Uberti and I'm sure they too have demanded that quality control be maintained at a high level.  Uberti now makes the Berretta Stampede for them to export/import into the US, but the price has now gone up compared to the Uberti, not to mention that it has a transfer bar like the Rugers, which I don't care for since a SAA should be used and handled like the real thing IMHO.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 11:21:21 AM »
I have three Uberti Cattleman that I've been using constantly for three years and have been real happy, fit finish etc.
Have see a few SAA Piettas lately (don't know what they are called in US) and  realy nice. Fit,finish lockup etc 1st rate and the action feels like you've paid to have it slicked, impressive.
Regards..Texas Tall. :) :)
 GSC 002

I think EMF imports Peitta SAAs as the Great Western and AWA imports them as the Peacekeeper?  I have heard good things about them, but I have heard AWA's QC and Customer Service has slipped recently.  I think the Great Western uses coil springs instead of flat springs?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com