Author Topic: Henry rifle question  (Read 5090 times)

Offline Dan Gerous

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Henry rifle question
« on: September 09, 2017, 08:41:37 PM »
A good friend of mine has a Henry rifle (a new one from Henry, in New Jersey) in .45 Colt. He decided to put the larger lever on it. He bought the lever from Henry and installed it according to the instructions. Now, it works fine if there is one in the magazine, but if there are two or more the carrier won't pick up the shell. He put the old lever back and it works fine. He called Henry and they were stumped. They told him to send the parts back and they would see what they could do with it, but he doesn't want to do that. The original lever is on it now and it's working finne. He was asking me if I had any ideas and I'm stumped also. We finally nailed it down to either fairies or Gremlins! Anyone else have any ideas?
All growed up and still playin' Cowboy!

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1198
Re: Henry rifle question
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 09:03:48 PM »
I  think you must be talking about the Henry Big Boy???  Because if it was the 1860 Henry it would be a sacrilege to put a large loop lever on it!   ;D  And in that case, I have no idea as to the solution.

If it was the 1860, one round loaded feeding okay but not okay with more than one loaded is usually ammo that is too short.

Offline Dan Gerous

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 11:31:27 AM »
You're tight. I should have said it was a Big Boy, but I had a "brain fart" and couldn't remember what it was called. I should mention that this is happening with factory ammunition.
All growed up and still playin' Cowboy!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:17:06 PM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 10:09:43 PM »
Poltergeist.

Henry Repeating Arms have an absolutely excellent warranty service program.  If you good friend is unwilling to allow Henry to correct the problem, then it's just his problem.  He gets to "suck-up" the cost of the lever and run the rifle with the OEM lever.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 08:49:49 AM »
Compare the two levers side by side and see what is different would be the first thing I'd do. Get out your calipers and measure. Obviously there's a difference. Some part of the aftermarket lever is too big,small,long,short,wide narrow. Reshape the aftermarket to the same as the original and it should work. Good luck.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 12:09:23 PM »

Personally, I wouldn't mess with it.  HRA has a fantastic warranty policy.  I would convince your friend to package up the whole works and ship it to HRA.  My guess is HRA would bake it work as advertised than ship it back for FREE.  If you guys mess up the parts, HRA may not be so generous.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 12:52:32 PM »
Sorry, I missed the part about it being a HRA part, send the whole works back to them to install. Beings the rifle is going back to the original manufacturer for repairs you should be able to ship from your local PO. They should ship right back to you.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 12:59:03 PM »
Both Coffinmaker and Ed are correct ..call HRA  ..there is better than 50/50 change Anthony (owner) will pick up.
They will pay shipping both ways , and make it right .... GUARANTEED ...

DON"T mess with it...or alter the part !   CALL and send it to HRA

after all the above, and your friend still has reservations sending it  ???   well   ::)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 01:10:09 AM »
I always find it amazing how often people have a problem with a new firearm or as in this case a problem with a factory replacement part and the first thing they want to do is either fix it or have someone else (not the manufacturer fix it).  All the big guys have excellent customer service and will generally fix the gun and get it back to you really quickly.  Long ago I bought my first Ruger Vaquero took it to the range and shot it.  The cases really buldged did not measure the cylinders but near as I can a 45 colt cylinder must have made its way into the darn thing at the factory.  Called Ruger they sent me a shipping box in a couple of days, shipped the gun out and had it back in my hands in less than 2 weeks.

Folks pay a group of money for their guns, let the manufacture make it right - they will!!
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com