Author Topic: Black Hills .44 Colt or .44 Special  (Read 3472 times)

Offline KelRob

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Black Hills .44 Colt or .44 Special
« on: August 13, 2017, 11:08:00 AM »
Hi,

I was looking at the Black Hills .44 Colt ammo and the .44 Special ammo. I would like to know if anyone did a comparision. I have some of their .44 Special and like it. The Colt seems like a "hotter" round or do they equal out to the same due to bullet grain and length?

http://www.black-hills.com/shop/cowboy-ammo/44-colt/

http://www.black-hills.com/shop/cowboy-ammo/44-special/

Kelly

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1204
Re: Black Hills .44 Colt or .44 Special
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 11:35:30 AM »
Based on BH's specs, the 44 Colt does look a little hotter.  A little heavier bullet at a little higher velocity.   

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 12:27:18 PM »
Unfortunately, I can be of no real "first hand" help.  I have not fired either round.  Therefore I have no concrete evidence.  Normally, if I don't have a meaningful contribution, I don't join a thread.  However, it's Sunday.  I shot a match yesterday and today .... I'm Bored.  So,
here I am ..... Perky.  Sort of.

I can tell you however, based on several hundred rounds fired (hundred thousand, that is), a heavier bullet at higher velocity will yield more felt recoil than a lighter bullet at lower velocity.  It's simple physics after all.  Equal and opposite reaction and all that.  Specific case capacity has nada to do with it. 

Coffinmaker

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:45:52 PM »

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1155
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 02:53:37 PM »
Unfortunately, I can be of no real "first hand" help.  I have not fired either round.  Therefore I have no concrete evidence.  Normally, if I don't have a meaningful contribution, I don't join a thread.  However, it's Sunday.  I shot a match yesterday and today .... I'm Bored.  So,
here I am ..... Perky.  Sort of.

I can tell you however, based on several hundred rounds fired (hundred thousand, that is), a heavier bullet at higher velocity will yield more felt recoil than a lighter bullet at lower velocity.  It's simple physics after all.  Equal and opposite reaction and all that.  Specific case capacity has nada to do with it. 

Coffinmaker

Heavens My Dear CM -
if you are bored, you can always go clean and oil your firelocks - again -

or come over and help me clean the house adn do the laundry... with 2 sick catd and Mrsarel just home from back surgery I am a tad
"not bored" ....

My dear KelBob
I beleive the .44 Spcl is loaded to warmer specs, mainly due to the "weaker older" .44 Colt pistols out there.
liability, lawyers, and all that
I now return you to your original question :-)
yhs
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 07:55:14 PM »
Why ..... Hello Perfesser   :D

You cannot imagine just how much I appreciate your most kind offer of assistance with sever problem with Boredom.  It is most surly the best offer I have had today.  

However, I must relate .... I am basically Techno Challenged.  I have never figured out how to turn on a Hoover???  I also have a severe allergy to most Dish Soaps.  Hives you know.  Since I haven't. a clue where to put your possessions would I pick them up, is there a rubbish bin handy??  Oh, I  forgot.  Dust.  I just cannot be near Dust.  For that reason I do not involve myself with "Dusters" as such.

I don't do Windows.

Your most appreciative
Coffinmaker

PS:  I neglected to share ... I have fired thousands of 44 Special, 44 Colt and 44 Russian rounds.  I have to the best of my recollection, never fired a "factory" round.  Always "roll my own."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com