Author Topic: gun safes  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Bunk Stagnerg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
gun safes
« on: September 02, 2017, 04:24:03 AM »
Hello out there from the flood zone in Texas.
Here is an interesting piece of information.
A safe with an electronic lock may not work after being under water
 A friend of mine who was flooded out is looking at his electronic lock safe that he cannot open. With rusty water seeping out from under the door, he presumes everything inside ir ruined beyond repair.
Fortunately I am high and dry way above the Colorado River you may have seen on TV. If I flood out here Houston will be under 400 feet of water so I feel safe.
Yr' Obt' Svt'
Bunk

Offline 45 Dragoon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: gun safes
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 09:39:09 AM »
Glad you're high and dry!!

My safes are electronic keypad accessible but have a key for "emergency" access.  That would suck to think about what's rusting away in a flooded safe!! Yikes!!   :o

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

(Yep, I'm a " newby " had to re-register!  )
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 10:35:44 AM »
I had a foot of water in a safe from a hurricane induced flood. The water went back out within hours when the storm finally moved on. It still destroyed the furniture, appliances, flooring and sheet rock. After securing household item I got around to emptying it out. I was lucky as I designed my shelves so that my longguns were not sitting on the bottom of the safe, I had gi ammo boxes there. The guns were out of the water but the moisture still got on everything. Got some rusting. So I heavily oiled everything and moved my handguns to a bigger safe deposit box at my local bank and my long guns to a friends dry safe. Months later I finally got around to the safe and cut out the bad sheetrock, put a space heater in it for a day, scraped out the rust, repainted the steel, replaced the sheet rock and rebuilt the shelves. My safes have tumblers, never thought an electronic lock was a good idea. Im thinking that your friend needs to get an angle grinder and a lot of discs and start cutting.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:29:48 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com