Author Topic: hurricane harvey  (Read 10430 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
Re: hurricane harvey
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2017, 08:01:30 PM »
yep !
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2017, 08:38:42 PM »
You guys prepared for Hurricane Irma heading your way?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2017, 05:25:19 AM »
You guys prepared for Hurricane Irma heading your way?
This region has been devastated  by Hurricane Harvey , most folk are sleeping on cots if they are lucky . Eating what is handed out from volentier relief workers / homeless and in a state of shock.  Flood waters have not receded much . Most roads are still flooded.  All we can do is keep on picking-up the pieces of whats left and pray that the storm does not make landfall on anyone . But it sure looks like we are about to get another round of natures rath. ,,,,DT

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 02:57:18 AM »

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2017, 05:52:45 AM »
Pull your hat down snug Major 2 , this one is a killer !  Best of luck to Y'all ! ,,,DT

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2017, 09:19:54 AM »
one bad mammer jammer mother trucker big time .... this one will " leave a MARK !

Plywood cut & delivered, bottled water , gas tank full and hunkering down ...all we can do
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2017, 09:40:29 AM »
Don't forget meds, duck tape and pet food. I stocked up for Y2K and had enough tp for 6 months but no extra dog fud. Oops. Still shooting my .22 stockpile.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2017, 03:17:23 PM »
Overheard at the corral that firearms and ammunition are being confiscated in the US Virgin Islands and that the NRA is taking legal action.

Same thing happened at Great Slave Lake, NWT (wildfire) and High River, Alberta (catastrophic flooding). The rcmp broke into over 1500 homes, ransacking them looking for firearms and ammunition.

The local Det was sent elsewhere and outside members were brought in to do the dirty deed. This was the last straw that broke the bond of trust between Canadian gun owners and our once proud national police force.

The matter was officially whitewashed after a couple of inquiries, one by the rcmp investigating itself. No charges have been laid to date and no disciplinary action taken.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2017, 07:15:39 PM »
 Sorry ,,late to the camp fire,,"DT" sorry to hear about the flood,,,glad all of ya'll safe. Had a 12" flood in 5hrs. here ,my trailer is 38-40 ins. off the grd. ,,,,I more in. of water !!!! would have been in the house. Granddaughter lost her car (it held a lot more water than I thought),,the rabbit hutch(o'l thumper) was floating away,had to wade out and rescue him ( hate wading in the dark)water above waist,( kept hearing the da--dum-da- dum,from "JAWS"),,if it wasn't nailed down,,,it headed south to RED RIVER. But ,,we'r safe & dry,,sit'n around the fire ,,able to laugh ,,at how all the spare tire's,pic, table,,barrel's and other stuff looked go'n by the porch at about 20mph,,,,YA,,it'll take a while to fix,,,,but those folks in so Texas ,,,looooong road ahead,,"PRAYERS TO ALL".

"A toast,,,, to Better Day's Ahead"   Hootmix.

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2017, 06:14:42 AM »
Glad Y'all stayed dry for the most part Slamfire . Just water we'll get over it ! ,,,DT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com