Author Topic: Dry Fire practice  (Read 6278 times)

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dry Fire practice
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 03:30:17 PM »
Another reason I don’t snap caps to clear the nipples (besides being a cheapskate) is sometimes the cap leaves paper fragments that actually clog the nipple for the next shot. This phenomenon is probably related to the shape of the top of the nipple like the amount of flat vs shaarp edge to the top of the cone and whether the cap has a paper or shellac seal.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Offline Bunk Stagnerg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 06:04:56 PM »
Thank you one and all for the help and suggestions.
My solution, with a little counseling, was to simply replace the Slixshot (high$$) with the factory nipples (El Chepo) which all the caps that won't work on Slixshot because Slixshot are engineered for Rem #10 fit just fine. I have a rather large inventory of CCI, RWS, and a couple of tins that may be collector item makes as i have  never heard of the maker but look fine.
At one time I had a die to make caps with beer can aluminum and match heads. If I can find it that should work just fine jut no match heads.
This will work for practice draw, for trigger control, does not hurt the gun and make a very satisfying POP.
Problem solved.
Yr' Obt' Svt'
Bunk

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 09:13:32 PM »
Another reason I don’t snap caps to clear the nipples (besides being a cheapskate) is sometimes the cap leaves paper fragments that actually clog the nipple for the next shot.
10-4---have seen this happen a few times.
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 08:02:44 PM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2017, 09:19:32 AM »

AH ..... 10 Seconds with a Nipple Pic??   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com