Author Topic: Matte Nickel question  (Read 2938 times)

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Matte Nickel question
« on: August 16, 2017, 11:25:33 PM »
I've heard about bright nickel plated guns being hard on the eyes on sunny days but what about matte nickel plating?
A work in progress.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Matte Nickel question
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 10:30:30 AM »
I don't understand the question.  Not your question.  THE question.  I've own'd and shot Bright Stainless, Bright Nickel, bead blasted mat stainless and mat (USFA) Nickel.  Cloudy days, Bright Sunny days, Foggy days.  I "personally" idi not find the bright guns to be a problem.  I did however, find the SIGHTS on bright guns to be a problem.  Had to take a black magic marker to the rear of the rear sight so it would outline the front sight.  I don't consider that as being "hard on the eyes."  Perhaps I don't understand the problem some folks are describing??

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 11:15:52 AM »
Somewhere in another thread, the subject of bright guns came up and somebody posted their experiences with bright nickel guns.
I didn't remember every detail of the post, it's been so long.
A work in progress.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:31:13 AM »

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 11:37:44 AM »
I've seen a cowgirl in my club have problems because she was using a bright nickeled sa and a blued one. There was too much difference between the sights so she was having sight picture issues when she transitioned berween them. She eventually bought a second nickeled one and does alot better now.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com