Author Topic: all august for the majestic dignity of COFFEE  (Read 61502 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: all august for the majestic dignity of COFFEE
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2017, 03:55:00 AM »
Don't trade the G17 for one.. ;D

Coffee is up for the early birds... i get off in a few hours then back again at 1900.  No residual rain yet.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2017, 04:46:10 AM »
Coffee is started.  It rained all night...and I mean it rained.  Thunder and lightening too...still going.
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2017, 04:50:25 AM »

Coffee is up for the early birds... i get off in a few hours then back again at 1900.  No residual rain yet.
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #203 on: Today at 05:55:04 PM »

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2017, 05:06:00 AM »

Thank you both, for the Jo...

no trade , probably would not have bought one , but if Glock was gonna give me one anyway...
it was a Gen.4  improvements in the ergonomics (feel in my hand ) over the Gen. 3 are night & day. I wasn't planning CCW so
the G17 was my choice .... just liked the full length grip over the G19 ...then there is the 17 rounds.
Still like the 1911 though, and if push came to shove one or the other ....  I suppose the 1911 , I'm a steel & wood kinda guy.

for CCW,  I've a S&W Mod. 36 w/ Critical Defense I go to every time.  Glock for foul weather belt field carry , or the 1911 otherwise. 

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2017, 06:14:25 AM »
I recently found a source for speedloaders for my Ruger SP 101, i am looking for a good retention holster now.  I am going to range this week. If i can hit anything with it. I think i will start carrying it.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2017, 12:30:54 PM »
Afternoon y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Rained early this morn. At least 1".

I looked at the Sig P238 at one time. Nice little gun.
The local gun shop has a Baby Rock that is tempting me. But, I am still paying off the Ruger SP101. I am looking at speed strips instead of speedloaders, because the speedloader for my S&W mod 10 isn't very speedy.
Litl Rooster, are you looking for a IWB or OWB holster?

'Tis 65 and overcast. "Cloudy. A chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning  then showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. "

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2017, 07:30:04 PM »
Afternoon y'all.

I looked at the Sig P238 at one time. Nice little gun.
The local gun shop has a Baby Rock that is tempting me. But, I am still paying off the Ruger SP101. I am looking at speed strips instead of speedloaders, because the speedloader for my S&W mod 10 isn't very speedy.
Litl Rooster, are you looking for a IWB or OWB holster?

Slim

Arcey got me using "Mashers" for my mod 10 with his OFSDAR stages. They are fast even for me.
The Comp III TYPE here.  http://www.pistoleer.com/safariland/speedloaders/#CLIP

I have been looking at both inter waist band and outer waist band. I really like a leather belt type holster but they seem to print more. I was eyeing a iwb like this last evening.   http://aliengearholsters.com/ruger-sp101-2-25-inch-cloak-tuck-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIipfBzdX41QIVQjaBCh12UwreEAQYAiABEgK6BPD_BwE     This a tshirt or shirt can be tucked around.   Suzanne uses one similur for her P239, She likes it.   However I am still undecided.

A baby Rock Island might be good one to have.
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2017, 07:50:37 PM »
Back to work tonight. We have a funeral for a church family member, John, tomorrow at noon. John 83 was wounded twice in Korea and awarded Purple Hearts both times. He was a good husband and  Christian man and glad I was able to be his friend this past few years.  Please pray for his wife Sara.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2017, 04:10:04 AM »
Back to work tonight. We have a funeral for a church family member, John, tomorrow at noon. John 83 was wounded twice in Korea and awarded Purple Hearts both times. He was a good husband and  Christian man and glad I was able to be his friend this past few years.  Please pray for his wife Sara.

Done, and safe journey across the river for John  :(  rest well good & faithful servant, patriot, and friend.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: August 28, 2017, 07:07:35 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

Arcey got me using "Mashers" for my mod 10 with his OFSDAR stages. They are fast even for me.
The Comp III TYPE here.  http://www.pistoleer.com/safariland/speedloaders/#CLIP

I have been looking at both inter waist band and outer waist band. I really like a leather belt type holster but they seem to print more. I was eyeing a iwb like this last evening.   http://aliengearholsters.com/ruger-sp101-2-25-inch-cloak-tuck-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIipfBzdX41QIVQjaBCh12UwreEAQYAiABEgK6BPD_BwE     This a tshirt or shirt can be tucked around.   Suzanne uses one similur for her P239, She likes it.   However I am still undecided.

A baby Rock Island might be good one to have.
Thanks for the info.

I'll be praying for Sara.

'Tis 62, overcast and humid. "Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Areas of dense fog reducing visibilities to less than 1/4 mile at times in the morning. Highs in the lower 70s. Light and variable wind. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2017, 07:54:22 AM »
Prayers sent for Sara, and friends and family.
Rain has pretty much passed us.  The storm of the aftermath and clean-up now begin.
Off work today, as the plant is running on a skeleton crew (hurricane ride out policy).
The gym is closed, too....I'm bored.  My go for a walk and get wet shoes. :P
Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2017, 11:11:37 AM »
Morning all.

Supposed to be another warm one today.  forecast at 105.  I'm going to try and get the dog for a good walk before it gets that hot.

I haven't been called to work today, so I'm still off until tomorrow.   ::)  I was informed that fire season is slated to extend through October, unless we get a "season ending rain event."  I.e., .5 inches in one storm.  I told my supervisor that Texas had plenty to go around, but I'm still working.  Oh well.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: August 28, 2017, 05:53:45 PM »
Prayers sent for Sara, and friends and family.
Rain has pretty much passed us.  The storm of the aftermath and clean-up now begin.
Off work today, as the plant is running on a skeleton crew (hurricane ride out policy).
The gym is closed, too....I'm bored.  My go for a walk and get wet shoes. :P

The news here is showing a mess there. My heart goes out to the people effected. Franklin Graham reported on FB that Samaritans Purse has trucks with supplies ready to roll.  A donation was made to them today. The holster can wait.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2017, 07:28:58 PM »
It is still raining here.  I mistakenly thought the storm had passed.  My favorite wife, her children and mine in the area are safe and without damage.  Some others aren't so luck.  Some members in my SASS club have had water damage and evacuated.  Thanks to everyone for continued prayers.

Lil' Rooster...what kind of holster do you need??
Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: August 28, 2017, 07:47:29 PM »
Had some moldy zucchini that needed to be shot. So, I pulled out the Remington Auto-loading shotgun. The 107 year old girl can still shoot.  ;D

Slim

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #215 on: August 28, 2017, 11:17:30 PM »
I saw that Judge Roy Bean's house is flooded,Hopefully he got anything of value out before it got too bad.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2017, 08:26:39 AM »

Lil' Rooster...what kind of holster do you need??

Still un decided but one in link  above has been bookmarked.

Had some moldy zucchini that needed to be shot. So, I pulled out the Remington Auto-loading shotgun. The 107 year old girl can still shoot.  ;D

Slim

You can't be too cautious when it comes to moldy zuccinis  ;D   Is the auto loader the one known as the widow maker?

I saw that Judge Roy Bean's house is flooded,Hopefully he got anything of value out before it got too bad.

You are referring to the SASS Roy Bean. Not the imfamous Judge on the Pecsos? I hope he and his family are safe.

Coffee is up!
Mathew 5.9

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: August 29, 2017, 08:47:20 AM »
Yes ,SASS #1
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: August 29, 2017, 05:38:19 PM »
You can't be too cautious when it comes to moldy zuccinis  ;D   Is the auto loader the one known as the widow maker?
No, the widow maker is the 1897 Winchester with the small hammer spur.  :o
The Remington Auto-loading shotgun is the first auto shotgun made in the USA. It was later known as the Model 11. It is the brother of the FN made Browning Auto-5.

Slim

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: August 29, 2017, 06:30:28 PM »
Actually the "Widowmaker" is the Marlin  1895 Pump gun, So called because there was a piece on the bolt that would break off allowing the bolt to be driven into the shooters face/eye killing them. SASS outlawed them about 20 years ago.
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com