Author Topic: ASM?  (Read 2099 times)

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
ASM?
« on: July 23, 2017, 11:13:13 AM »
I have a chance to buy an ASM  5 1/2" barrel SAA with the black powder frame,,It looks like new...My question is how do the ASM cartridge guns compare with   Uberti ?,,I have a couple 1860 Army ASM cap and ball revolvers,,, and they are not close to the quality of my Uberti 1851 Navy,,,Was wondering if the cartridge guns were any different?

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: ASM?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 12:50:33 PM »
The problem with ASM (which has been out of business for many years) was inconsistent quality control.  If you are familiar with Colt style single actions about all you can do is check fit, finish, and mechanical function very closely.  If you cannot do this inspection yourself find someone who can or pass on the deal.

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 04:48:13 PM »
That's my problem,,It is a mail order  ,,picture is all I can get,,, >:(

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:52:41 PM »

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 06:11:58 PM »
That's my problem,,It is a mail order  ,,picture is all I can get,,, >:(

Willy  I would grab it - because I had two really good ASM guns - maybe I got lucky - and have to say I didnt have the second one long enough to see how it would wear (a 44/40 colt SAA copy - had brass gripframe - fit and finish of that gun was first class and it was a good reliable shooter with smokeless and black loads - maybe had two thousand through it) I lost this one to howards buy back program -- tother is "one of those" - 1851 navy cap gun in 44 - if you luck onto an ASM as good as that one -- mate you will think you won the lottery ----- I guess -- is the price worth the punt? 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com