Author Topic: American Civil War era Bullet/Ball Molds Info and Value?  (Read 2537 times)

Offline v70r

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
American Civil War era Bullet/Ball Molds Info and Value?
« on: July 20, 2017, 04:19:24 PM »
Howdy Folks,

Hello,

Not sure if this is the place to post my plea for help in identifying and valuating these bullet and ball molds, but at least its a place to start

I have collected/hoarded some unique and antique Firearms and accessories over the years and I am looking to declutter. I got these in a bulk purchase years back. My research (google) has lead me to believe that these are American civil war era, especially the colt patent duel bullet ball mold. I am such and amateur collector I am right now calling my self a hoarder since I do not know enough about these and I am decluttering my collection to a manageable state. I'd like to see if you fine folks know anything about these and maybe a fair market price so that I can put these in the hand of a proper collector. Even a link of somewhere to look for info would be great.

Pictures of the Molds here: http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/v70r1/library/Bullet%20and%20Ball%20Molds

I am to the North (Canada) if that has any impact

Thanks a ton in advanced

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
Re: American Civil War era Bullet/Ball Molds Info and Value?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 11:01:41 PM »
Dixie Gun Works in Union, Tennessee publishes a catalog filled with this sort of information - as does S&S Firearms.

Much of their stock is illustrated on line, so identifying should be somewhat easier.

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline v70r

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 08:22:10 AM »
Thank you so much for that info, I shall check it out! :)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:39:51 PM »

Offline v70r

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 05:14:31 PM »
Those two sites appeared to have more recently manufactured molds, where as mine are vintage/antique but I did learn a few things from the sites :) thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com