Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in a Long Distance Spencer and Sharps shoot in GA?  (Read 3015 times)

Offline injun john

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
FOUND A LOCATION FOR THIS SHOOT!!!!!!!!  About 15 miles from Buena Vista GA. Range to 1,200 yards.

I'm thinking about trying to organize a Long Distance Spencer (100 out to 500 yards) and Sharps Steel Disk Match (100 out to 1,000 yards) here in Ga.  for Spring of 2018.
Please give me a little feed back if you would seriously consider attending.
Entry cost would be in the $50 range and used as a non profit just to cover the cost of cost of range use.
If I could generate enough interest I should be able to attract a few venders to supply prizes.
I would like to limit  (at least at first) the categories to just Black Powder or  BP substitute loads for each style of gun. Any traditional iron sights like those available in 1880.
Any GA or other local resident who would want to help would be appreciated.  

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
I have 25 acres, just an hour east of Macon. I had the sides of my my property clearcut for roads a few years back. They are becoming overgrown again, but with a little work, could make a great long range. No charge to shoot.

Offline injun john

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
How long a flat stretch do you have?  I would be interested in linking up to look it over and I love the price.

Advertising

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Well, the roadway was cut about 10-15 ft wide, and I'd say it was at least 4 acres long, before you hit the swampy part where they stopped. This was almost 3 years ago, so there are weeds and saplings growing. Nothing that couldn't be cleared.

Offline injun john

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
What would be better for you to do a link up weekends or week days?
Looking at around the end of this month to middle next month.

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Pretty much free any day, but I will be out of town for a few days around the middle of next month. Need to go get scanned, poked, injected, dejected, and rejected

Offline injun john

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
COOL! Another Arlo Guthery Fan!  Do you not want a pickle, you just want to ride your motor sickle?

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
And I don't want to die, I just wanna ride on my motor cyyyyy cle :)

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
And back on topic, I will be home next month, it is in September that I have to go to Newnan. One of these days, when it is cooler, I'll throw on some long britches and shoes, and pace off that side of the property. Where I used to have my shooting lane, I had it at 100 yds, and easily could have had more. Where I am proposing the new shooting lane is much longer and very flat. I just never had a need for anything more than 100 yds, because I have old eyes and iron sights.

Offline injun john

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
I have a piece of property that we could use now and it is already set up with steel targets from 100 out to 1,200 yards.
We would have to do a early spring shoot to fit the schedule available. It is about 40 miles from large motels
but within 15 miles of some really good food and a couple of bed & breakfast places.
It's a fairly narrow range and would limit us to only six to eight shooters at a time. 
It would be interesting as that some of the targets are down hill to the firing line while others are slightly above.
If I could get 10 to 15 shooters I'd be willing to get on this to make it happen. 
Looking to have fun, burn powder and not interested in making any money here. 
Could use some help if you are local (after deer season for course, got to fill the freezer).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com