Author Topic: Krag Mills Belt  (Read 7230 times)

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Krag Mills Belt
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2018, 06:09:51 PM »
I can't make a direct comparison-I don't remember if I got my tan single row belt from S&S or from Coon Creek. But I just got a blue double row infantry belt from WPG, and it's really nice. And the price isn't that much difference. But of course, if you can manage to snag Drydock's old belt when the prizes start going out, FREE is the best price of all! Also got a set of leggings from WPG, the quality and materials look to be just as good as my Dad's old Navy issued ones. (Which I wore as a 10 year old, but WAAAYY to small for me now).

Offline Pay Dirt Norvelle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2018, 10:28:05 PM »
I was lucky with my Krag Mills Belt.  I was looking on e bay for nothing in particular and noticed that there was a Krag Mills "style" belt up for auction.  It looked quite good to my eyes so I bid on it and got it for $65.00.  It is an original and I think other people were put off by the "style" description. I was darn lucky.
PAY DIRT NORVELLE
SASS #90056
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
COYOTE VALLEY COWBOYS #37
RATS #650

Offline Grenadier

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 07:10:05 AM »
WPG belts are woven loops, just like the orignal Mills belts. Most other replicas on the market are sewn loops and only correct for contractor belts that were made for the Spanish American War. So, it comes down to you making the choice between an authentically constructed Mills belt or a somewhat accurate reproduction of a variation. The woven loops will be stronger in the long run.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 07:57:26 AM »

Offline smoke

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2018, 07:55:29 AM »
I need to get off my butt and get a couple of WPG Mills belts.  I missed out on a prarie belt in the smaller sizes.  Now they just have the biggest size left. >:(
GAF#379

Offline 1961MJS

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 797
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2018, 02:45:02 PM »
Hi

I just received numerous deliveries from the US Postal Service including a WPG Tan Cavalry Mills belt and bandoleer, an S&S Krag Carbine front sight, another McKeever .45/70 Cartridge box, a Will Ghormley pattern for the Jesse James rig (Schofield) and another box that apparently wasn't cool enough to remember.

The WPG Mills belts are noticeably more durable, and the hardware seems to be about twice as heavy.  I'm considering ordering a blue set too.

O.K. I got the Cavalry belt, there's only one thing to clip the belt to on the bottom of the belt.  How is that supposed to work?  Is there a picture in the McChristain book or the 4th Cavalry book?  I didn't look (again) but I don't remember seeing that.

Later Y'all    ;D
Mike
BOSS #230

Brevet Lieutenant Colonel
Division of Oklahoma

Offline smoke

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2018, 03:15:59 PM »
Which Mills belt?  Krag Cavalry belt?
GAF#379

Offline 1961MJS

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 797
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2018, 04:20:23 PM »
Which Mills belt?  Krag Cavalry belt?

Yes, I bought Tan Cavalry Mills Belt.  One of Dale's pictures shows the tab deal.

Later

Mike
BOSS #230

Brevet Lieutenant Colonel
Division of Oklahoma

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com