Author Topic: Custer Battlefield  (Read 13004 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Custer Battlefield
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2018, 01:14:19 PM »
I might be want to point out ..... Pietta built Replicants are dimensionally much more "Colt" than USFA.  Actually, the Pietta is a near dead ringer for a 2d Generation Colt.  Come right down too it .... a 2d Generation Colt is actually a Replicant of the 1st Generation Colt.  Of course, the USFA is better made (really??)

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: Custer Battlefield
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2018, 08:32:15 PM »
…... Pietta is a near dead ringer for a 2d Generation Colt.  Come right down too it .... a 2d Generation Colt is actually a Replicant of the 1st Generation Colt.  Of course, the USFA is better made (really??)

At one time I certainly drank enough of the USFA koolaid to keep me satisfied.  No question some are really nice guns.  But I do believe in the past 7 or 8 years Uberti went to school on what USFA did with Uberti parts and Uberti CNC programs to  better themselves.  Much as I wanted to really like the Pietta,  and they are nice guns, they are not up to the quality of the current Ubertis IMO.

I've got a bucket load of production SAAs, from the current makers, back to the 1st gen guns.

I am currently shooting three Ubertis.    Nothing else out there even close for value IMO.

"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com