Author Topic: N Frame grips interchangeability  (Read 4921 times)

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
N Frame grips interchangeability
« on: June 09, 2017, 12:51:35 PM »
Howdy all,

So dumb question here, but I just want to verify. N Frame grips are interchangeable between all N Frame revolvers with the same butt type, right? I ask because I found a set of Stag grips for a Model 29 S&W, and bought them with the plan of putting them on my Brazilian contract M1917. I'm not expecting a perfect fit, but wanted to know if I should expect anything beyond minor fitting.

Luckily, the seller said he'd be happy to take them back and do the fitting if needed, or accept a return if I wasn't satisfied.

Thanks all. Gonna attempt to post a picture of the grips, we'll see if I succeed.
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
Re: N Frame grips interchangeability
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 02:14:32 PM »
I like the older style grips in walnut or horn. Had these made for my Thunder Ranch .45. Really like them.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 02:19:33 PM »
Howdy Ed,

Personally, I agree. I'll see how they fit, but I'm strongly leaning towards sending these grips back to be trimmed up a little bit in a manner closer to the older style grips.
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:54:48 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com