Author Topic: Uberti 45-75 Centennial has arrived:  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Pinback

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Uberti 45-75 Centennial has arrived:
« on: June 07, 2017, 11:05:12 AM »
Finally in my hands. Ordered the rifle in April through Benelli. It was well worth the wait though. The rifle has very nice wood to metal fit and the wood is proud of the metal. Typical red stock finish over straight grain wood, not flashy but solid. The action is smooth and after removing the side plates the interior was nicely finished, I wiped everything with Kroil and reassembled. The bore is finished very well, no evidence of chatter in the grooves and smoothly finished. The blue surfaces are evenly finished and there are no imperfections. 45-75 is inscribed on the lifter and "Cal 45-75" is also on the top flat of the barrel at the receiver. The lever and hammer movement reveals this gun is not over sprung. I loaded cartridges in the magazine and the action performed flawlessly with my hand loaded rounds measuring 2.2505 C.O.A.L. The bore was dirty with the spent powder from Proof Testing, though cleaned out easily enough. The only modification performed so far is the removal of the rear sight and replaced with a "Marbles" Semi-Buck Horn with the white diamond insert. Time to go shooting with some various loads and see what happens.

"The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."  Alexander Hamilton

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 634
Re: Uberti 45-75 Centennial has arrived:
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 11:35:52 AM »
If you like yours as much as I like mine, you're going to ENJOY that rifle!  Congratulations!

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 04:00:31 PM »
Very nice, congrates!
King Medallion

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:59:46 AM »

Offline pinto beans

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 06:57:38 PM »
Very Nice Rifle!  Like many on here, I have a 'sister' Uberti to it and can attest to how pleasing a shooting iron they are!  The 45-75 WCF is a really nice cartridge to work with in my humble experience.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.  Please post up your results shooting the new rifle!!

P.B.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com