Author Topic: 11tth Ohio Volunteer Cavalry Spencer Rifle Help  (Read 2210 times)

Offline CTuna90

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
11tth Ohio Volunteer Cavalry Spencer Rifle Help
« on: May 28, 2017, 01:26:25 AM »
Hello,

Well a little about my dilemma.  I was fortunate enough to run across a rifle that is a direct hit in book 4 of the SRS to the 11th Ohio Volunteer Cavalry E Company.  Being born in Montana, living in Colorado, having lived in Utah for a short period, I have just decided to call Wyoming my home so naturally I jumped on the gun as fast as I could being an 11th gun.  I wrote the SRS to obtain the record and the response I got was that the rifle is not in their books.  I responded and said as a matter of a fact it is, in fact it is in book 4 on this page.  The book was checked and sure enough it is there, but in the process of transferring records, the record for this gun was lost.  I had a private researcher look into the archives with no luck.  I have been in contact with Fort Riley, Leavenworth, Sill, Casper, Laramie, and the Cody Museum.  Still, no luck.  Does anyone have a copy of this record?  I have been hunting high and low and would dearly love to have it. 

Charlie

Offline Rim fire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 11tth Ohio Volunteer Cavalry Spencer Rifle Help
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 07:52:15 AM »
 What is the serial number of your rifle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com