Author Topic: Uberti "Gunfighter .45" question...  (Read 27123 times)

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
Re: Uberti "Gunfighter .45" question...
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2017, 12:03:49 AM »
Interesting.  Ubertis received by Cimarron have never had locks.  Cimarron adds locks to some guns depending on customer or state requirements.  Sometimes certain distributors or dealer buying groups want the locks so they can ship the gun to any state without worrying whether they need the lock or not.

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 06:08:03 PM »
Interesting.  Ubertis received by Cimarron have never had locks.  Cimarron adds locks to some guns depending on customer or state requirements.  Sometimes certain distributors or dealer buying groups want the locks so they can ship the gun to any state without worrying whether they need the lock or not.

One of the things I like about the Model P. It's hammer is like it's supposed to be. I hope that doesn't change.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2017, 12:41:39 AM »
Here is another video that shows how it works. It looks like you might be able to replace the hammer and trigger and have it back the old way?

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 12:54:16 PM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2017, 07:26:19 AM »
One of the things I like about the Model P. It's hammer is like it's supposed to be. I hope that doesn't change.

Yes Sir I agree

I had two Ruger Old Model Vaquero's with the transfer bar, nice guns but I'm not a fan of the transfer bar.
Uberti , made the ( now discontinued ) Beretta Stampede with a Ruger like transfer bar.
 I never considered a Beretta Stampede because of the transfer bar, it just does not appeal to me.
 They more than likely paid royalties to Ruger.

I had watch  & watched again the videos, when Uberti introduced this new safety hammer. I give Uberti A for the effort, It is a nice piece of design work.

It is pretty cool, while looking like the older FP design hammer,  the design takes the manual conscience setting of the Base pin back one notch,  and/or load one, skip one, load five to very clever level.

Way better design, than the Ruger frame mounted FP and assorted parts of the Transfer bar system....

That said, I'll like the old Hammer.... given the choice I'd choose the old school ....

for me.... I'm fine with load 1 , skip 1,  load 4  :)

For some folks I say,  "Kudo's to Uberti/ Beretta for investing in the new safety hammer design. "

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2017, 01:09:47 PM »
I do give it to them for designing something that keeps the clean hammer and looking like it's supposed to. In one way it's better since the main pin won't be sticking out longer in the front.

It is much better than having that old ugly hammer block contraption on the hammer.

My only thing is how dependable is this going to be, particularly in a gun that runs nothing but black powder. I'd bet it'll require a complete tear down to clean inside that hammer more often and even then I'm just not sure I trust it to work.

My guess is if it gums up and sticks it's as apt to stick in the "fire" position as not..... so it's possible it's even more of a hazard. People start thinking it's safe to load them with all six and then that little plunger gets gummed up and sticks in the hammer leaving the firing pin forward and someone gets injured or killed.

I haven't had one apart and looked myself I've just looked at the videos and the diagram of how it works and it seems to me it can stick so the hammer and firing pin is just like a fixed firing pin on a traditional SAA.

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1118
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2017, 08:48:33 PM »
Time for "someone" to corner the market on the "old style" Uberti and Pietta SAA hammers and triggers....

bwahahahahaaha!

prof mad marvel
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline OklaTom

• NCOWS Judge, NCOWS Life 172, GAF 719, SASS 73114, NRA Life, TSRA, Berger Sharp Shooters, Blue River Regulators, Kansas Vigilance Committee
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Bryan Buck
    • 3B Shooting Supply
  • SASS #: 73114
  • NCOWS #: L-172
  • GAF #: 719
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2017, 10:13:49 AM »
I have confirmed with the Cimarron VP Joe Neuman that Uberti is already shipping the new safety hammer on Cimarron Model Ps as well. Also, even with a custom order, they will not make it with the old style trigger and hammer. Pietta is not making that change to their Frontier models.
"I druther have a pocket full of rocks than an empty gun..."

OklaTom@att.net

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2017, 12:45:12 PM »
HOORAY! Another useless gun safety!
 ::)

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2017, 03:47:34 PM »
Time for "someone" to corner the market on the "old style" Uberti and Pietta SAA hammers and triggers....

bwahahahahaaha!

prof mad marvel

Last time I looked, Cimarron had a very large bin of hammers.  But them thangs is expensive!

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2017, 07:22:39 PM »
Last time I looked, Cimarron had a very large bin of hammers.  But them thangs is expensive!

Just need enough to make sure the old guns keep running forever because Uberti won't be selling me any more new ones.

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2017, 07:31:22 PM »
I don't know what effect the new hammer is going to have on Uberti sales.  I do know the new hammer makes almost a much sense as a Fart in a Space Suit.

Coffinmaker

PS:  And this tom foolery isn't even driven by BATFE.

Offline OklaTom

• NCOWS Judge, NCOWS Life 172, GAF 719, SASS 73114, NRA Life, TSRA, Berger Sharp Shooters, Blue River Regulators, Kansas Vigilance Committee
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Bryan Buck
    • 3B Shooting Supply
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2017, 08:07:15 PM »
From what I heard, Coffinmaker is right. It's not being driven by the BATFE. Rather, it is driven by the liability insurance Uberti has to carry.

OklaTom@att.net

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2017, 07:19:46 AM »
Glad I got the 32/20 from Okla Tom,  before the liability insurance tom foolery settled in.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2017, 08:07:17 PM »
I do give it to them for designing something that keeps the clean hammer and looking like it's supposed to. In one way it's better since the main pin won't be sticking out longer in the front.

It is much better than having that old ugly hammer block contraption on the hammer.

My only thing is how dependable is this going to be, particularly in a gun that runs nothing but black powder. I'd bet it'll require a complete tear down to clean inside that hammer more often and even then I'm just not sure I trust it to work.

My guess is if it gums up and sticks it's as apt to stick in the "fire" position as not..... so it's possible it's even more of a hazard. People start thinking it's safe to load them with all six and then that little plunger gets gummed up and sticks in the hammer leaving the firing pin forward and someone gets injured or killed.

ahh yes but in this process they transferred the blame - insurance and lawyers is all about finding the weak link - someone whose ass is not covered - so now - somebody gets shot - its the gun owners fault for not cleaning it instead of the maker for producing something faulty - the fact that it is now possibly more faulty/dangerous than before means nothing to the legal eagles - they shifted blme away from their client - mission accomplished!

Offline OklaTom

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Bryan Buck
    • 3B Shooting Supply
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2017, 09:29:19 AM »
The news I got this morning from Cimarron is that only Model Ps with the Pre War frame will be getting the new Safety Hammer. The Model Ps with the Old Model (black powder) frame will continue to have the old style hammer and trigger.

OklaTom@att.net

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 634
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2017, 09:50:00 AM »
The Model Ps with the Old Model (black powder) frame will continue to have the old style hammer and trigger.

Are there indications that the Old Model frames will be phased in over time or are they likely to retain the old style hammer and trigger?

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2017, 09:52:33 AM »
Thanks for the update, OklaTom.  Whenever I talk to Joe about it, seems the story changes as those in charge try to decide what to do.

Offline OklaTom

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Bryan Buck
    • 3B Shooting Supply
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2017, 02:35:26 PM »
Thanks for the update, OklaTom.  Whenever I talk to Joe about it, seems the story changes as those in charge try to decide what to do.

I think the story changes depending on who you talk to and when.  But the person there I deal with that seems to be on top of things the best sent me an email today stating "The old models will not ever have the new safety hammer."  That is encouraging to me, since I don't like the Pre-War frame anyway.  Of course, this could change in the future.  Good news is that the OMs still shipping are as they were.

OklaTom@att.net

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 634
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2017, 03:50:49 PM »
Yes, that is encouraging, although I did justify rushing out and buying a new revolver when the "safety" was announced...

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2017, 04:03:46 PM »
I've said it before, engineers got to 'improve' their products in order to justify their continued employment. No matter what the customer wants. Horizontal fins or vertical fins? And then you throw a safety guy and a liability lawyer in the room and LOOK OUT!
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com