Author Topic: replacement 73 Levers  (Read 1468 times)

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: #810
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
replacement 73 Levers
« on: January 14, 2018, 09:47:26 AM »
Are the replacement levers from the all the parts people color casehardened or just blued? Will they fit all years made? Just asking as I bought a nice Cimarron 73 with nice colors and am thinking of getting a new lever as the one in the rifle is wearing on the lob on the lever side. Put new Slixprings in and it functions great, but know it will keep wearing.
Thanks
Reno

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 363
Re: replacement 73 Levers
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 03:32:47 PM »
It may not wear any more with the wire spring. That's the main advantage of replacing the springs and an action job when new is so the internals will last.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline OD#3

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 03:53:11 PM »
For some reason, my recently-manufactured Uberti '66 came with the older-style lever that has the replaceable cam lobe.  That was a welcome discovery, but after looking at how it was made, it struck me that it would be a pretty simple feat for a man to reproduce using only some files and a drill press to drill the hole for the locating pin (probably just a hand drill if one is really steady).  I made a wedge once from a piece of an old file that I annealed, filed to shape, and rehardened &tempered.  Now THAT was a PITA, but a cam lobe would be so much simpler, I think.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:26:02 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com