Author Topic: does anyone own a Taylor's & Co. "Gunfighter" .45?  (Read 2000 times)

Offline chaindrive

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
does anyone own a Taylor's & Co. "Gunfighter" .45?
« on: May 21, 2017, 04:15:38 PM »
if you do, how much larger is the army sized grip as compared to the standard grip of other 1873 SAA's?

i'm thinking of getting this revolver just for the reason of the larger grip.

i've got the Uberti 1873 Cattleman and I just can't get used to the tiny (to me) grips of that gun.

can anybody give me any insight on this before I buy the Taylor's?

thanks.

ETA: never having had any previous experience with six guns, I had no idea of their dimensions...

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1181
Re: does anyone own a Taylor's & Co. "Gunfighter" .45?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 05:41:22 PM »
Go to any sporting goods store that carries Uberti BP percussion pistols, and hold an 1860 Army in your hands.  Then you will know.  The hammer spur will be in a little different place but that won't affect how it feels in your hand.

Offline chaindrive

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 05:56:36 PM »
wish I could Abilene, but where I live here in the Silver City area (s/w New Mexico) we only have two gun shops and what you describe would be a little too "exotic" for them to carry.

if you've ever handled a S&W 686 or 657 with the old "plow handle" target grips you would know what I find comfortable.

I realize the 1860 army grips are probably not anywhere like this, but any increase in length and fullness would make all the difference in the world to my mitts.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:56:09 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com