Author Topic: belt styles  (Read 2114 times)

Offline chaindrive

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
belt styles
« on: May 07, 2017, 04:41:13 PM »
looking to get a rig for my 1873.

I really like John Bianchi's offering of the John Wesley Hardin outfit.

i'm wondering what is the purpose of the tapered buckle and billet ends?

is it for looks, comfort or to save a little weight?

my jeans ride low on my hips and the gun belt pretty much would have to be over my jeans belt. any lower and the rig would drop to the ground.  ;D
i'm thinking the smaller buckle and tongue will be less bulky riding over the pants belt.

any thoughts on this?

thanks.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: belt styles
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 07:56:13 PM »
i have a skinny butt so a normal belt rig will not stay on. I move and it slips down around my ankles. That said, I would think the smaller buckle would be less bulky. The less weight, the less chance you have of it slipping down off your waist. If you wore it a light bit higher, you may be able to get it to rest on your jeans belt and prevent such an occurrence (I have to use double belts crossed to keep my stuff on).

Another consideration is bullet loops. A belt full of cartridges weighs a whole lot more and tends to ride lower so keep those empty if there's a problem.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 08:53:35 PM »
I don't have a problem wearing a gun belt, but I remember being at a shoot wear this pard lost his gun belt along with his guns and his pants all in one motion, it was one of the funniest things I ever have seen, and to make it even funnier the guy just stood there laughing his head off, to the point his hat even fell off, so maybe Will's way might work for you, it couldn't hurt to give it a try...

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:26:02 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com