Author Topic: For the Imperialists among us  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
For the Imperialists among us
« on: May 04, 2017, 01:04:45 PM »
This guy is great, and well worth supporting:

https://www.patreon.com/britishmuzzleloaders

Don't be fooled by the title, if its a British rifle, he knows it and does it well!

you tube:  https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=britishmuzzleloaders&qft=+Filterui:userpage-britishmuzzleloaders&FORM=VQCHNL
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Re: For the Imperialists among us
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 05:12:56 PM »
Ned, you really want to watch the ongoing SMLE series!
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 04:17:59 PM »
"British Muzzleloaders" on YouTube and FaceBook (also on FB as "Rob Enfield") is Rob Deans of Vancouver, B.C., with whom I have had the pleasure of shooting a number of times ... and we have exchanged items of kit from time to time, as well.  I have worked on getting him to attend a Muster, but he always attends the Alberta Shoot which is is on exactly the same fixed weekend.  Because of that scheduling conflict,  I generally now have to miss the Alberta shoot unless something prevents my attendance at Muster.  Maybe one of these days I'll get Rob to come to Muster ... mind you, I'd probably have to finagle things so that he shoots in a different category than I do, because he is good!

Last time I was able to attend the Alberta shoot was 20015, when i was unable to come to Muster.  This photo has both Rob (back to camera) and myself in it -

Here is his video composition of the traditional three opening volleys at that shoot.  Ragged at best, but we were a ragtag group who had not drilled together (... that's our excuse and we are sticking with it ...)  Rob is the one giving the commands.

Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:10:46 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com