Author Topic: I ordered a "Wyatt Earp" gunbelt.  (Read 4729 times)

sfc rick

I ordered a "Wyatt Earp" gunbelt.
« on: May 02, 2017, 05:48:58 AM »
I looked around El Paso Saddlery and even checked with the local Tack shop to find a complete gun belt and holster set-up. I don't compete in events but Open Carry my revolvers everyday. I make holsters myself and I love learning the leather making skills. I don't have a leather sewing machine so that was a reason I never made belts. I bought a belt from EBay and it's sort of OK, but not a premium belt grade. At first when it was legal to Open Carry I bought a complete gun belt off EBay and just was a complete Let down which shouldn't surprise anyone.

After a couple of weeks shopping around I settled on and purchased this gunbelt setup from Frontier Gun Leather by John Bianchi. It's my first purchase from a professional leather shop. I picked out the 1870's era "Wyatt Earp" design.

sfc rick

Re: I ordered a "Wyatt Earp" gunbelt.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 05:53:32 AM »
This is my gun belt today, the Ebay belt and the holster I made myself and have worn this for a year now. I can't wait to see the new set up when it gets here.

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 08:51:58 AM »
Nice leather.  Our state does not currently have open carry but it is being addressed now, who knows what will happen???  I sold my last sewing machine around three years or so back and would really hate to make lined belts without one.  My first machine was a manual Tippman and no matter what many say, I would opt for that over hand sewing if I were doing commercial work and could not justify several thousand dollars for an initial outlay for totl equipment. 

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:39:55 AM »

sfc rick

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 08:13:08 PM »
Nice leather.  Our state does not currently have open carry but it is being addressed now, who knows what will happen???  I sold my last sewing machine around three years or so back and would really hate to make lined belts without one.  My first machine was a manual Tippman and no matter what many say, I would opt for that over hand sewing if I were doing commercial work and could not justify several thousand dollars for an initial outlay for totl equipment. 

I would like a Tippman sewing machine, but don't intend to spend the coin for what little work I would do.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 11:08:53 PM »
Fine looking rigs. Nice toys, too. I particularly like the conversion in the lower left. Belts do take some time done by hand. When I worked at a saddlery, we did all the stitching by hand anyway. We just ran the machines without thread to punch the holes. It took a while but it was stronger to do a double needle stitch.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Silver_Rings

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gunfighter who shoots for fun.
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 09:45:53 PM »
I do my belts on an old Singer treadel sewing machine.  I often hand turn the wheel.  It will go through some pretty thick leather.  If you don't want something that big, pick up an old motor driven portable.  They can be often found for less than $50.

Silver Rings
Gunfighter, SASS 27466, NRA Life, GOFWG, BOSS, RO 1, RO 2

sfc rick

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 09:32:07 AM »
I do my belts on an old Singer treadel sewing machine.  I often hand turn the wheel.  It will go through some pretty thick leather.  If you don't want something that big, pick up an old motor driven portable.  They can be often found for less than $50.

Silver Rings

Thanks, I'll look for one.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1181
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 11:27:27 AM »
Bianchi is fine stuff.

Texas has had open carry for a year and a half now, and I have yet to see anyone doing so.

Offline Silver_Rings

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gunfighter who shoots for fun.
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 01:51:55 PM »
Colorado has had open carry for a long time.  Last year I was in Hobby Lobby and there was a lady with her pistol on her belt looking at fabric.  No one seemed the least be aware of it and it was in plain sight.  I've seen a number of other people open carry, but shopping in Hobby Lobby was a first.

I live in the western part of Co. Over by Denver it may have raised some I brows.

Silver Rings
Gunfighter, SASS 27466, NRA Life, GOFWG, BOSS, RO 1, RO 2

sfc rick

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 06:30:05 PM »
Bianchi is fine stuff.

Texas has had open carry for a year and a half now, and I have yet to see anyone doing so.

I Open Carry everyday, and have seen only a couple of Preachers doing it. When anybody approaches me to compliment me open carrying...I typically ask them why they don't. Most say they conceal carry but would open carry if they felt like no one would steal their firearm away from them right out of the holster. Fear of being a victim drives them to cower out of sight and away from others....the brainwashing is almost complete.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com