Author Topic: Schofield (Reproduction) Curious  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Schofield (Reproduction) Curious
« on: April 16, 2017, 01:11:28 PM »
I are considering a project.  I once owned an Uberti Schofield.  We were not a match made in heaven.  thinking of a new project but I need bit of data.  I would appreciate if someone would be kind enough to measure from the Cylinder Face to the far end of the Ejector Shroud?? 

Other project assistance I need.  I am super curious what the measurement is, from the Cylinder Face to the far end of a Kirst Konverter 1851/1860 Ejector Rod Housing??

Hacksaws-R-Us   :o

Coffinmaker

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
Re: Schofield (Reproduction) Curious
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 07:59:50 PM »
I just had my wifes apart today for a good cleaning. I might can get what you need but what is the ejector shroud?

I'm not terribly familiar with them, just enough to keep hers running since she likes shooting it.

What I do know about it is that it would be simpler for me if I could ever convince her to shoot Colts. But if that's what it takes for me to keep her happily shooting then I'll continue to fumble with the Schofield.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Kent Shootwell

• Top Active Citizen
  • Got whiskey, will stumble.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 10:38:01 PM »
From the barrel to ejector rod contour I get 3.375" and at full ejector its 2.85" as there is no distinct point on the barrel to measure to the cylinder face. Is that helpful?
Little powder much lead shoots far kills dead.
Member, whiskey livers
AKA Phil Coffins, AKA Oliver Sudden

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:23:33 AM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 11:15:48 AM »
Cliff,

What I am calling the "Ejector Shroud" is that big lug under the barrel.  Thank you in advance  ;D   When the Misses is happy, Life is GOOD!!

Kent,

I believe that to be it.  It sounds .. right.  I was thinking it was either at or somewhat less than 4 inches.

Coffinmaker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com