Author Topic: The Son (new AMC series)  (Read 3338 times)

Offline Doug.38PR

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Son (new AMC series)
« on: April 09, 2017, 12:02:10 AM »
We watched the series premire tonight.  Not bad.  Not Lonesome Dove but not bad.  There wwre a few silly monents like the Comanche sqaw calling the braves "a--holes" (I'm sure that was an indian term) and the Comanche chief speaking perfect kings english (even after claiming he spoke only a little english).  Also exploration for natural gas was not sought or desired in 1915 contrary to what Eli McCoullogh claims in his speech.  Little bit if political correctness regarding the Mexicans but not as bad as I expected.  Looking forward to more

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: The Son (new AMC series)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 05:20:05 PM »
Who made the holster for Eli's 1911?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Zip Wyatt

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 08:39:19 AM »
I've given it a few episodes and it could be worse.  "Take no Prisoners" was well-done and we got to see two .351 Winchesters with 10 round mags used in anger as well as some great lever action uh action.  The episode before showed a lot of period (1915) weapons in action as well including a broomhandle and Lewis gun.  So, a little too much soap opera at times but the weapons and action makes up for it.

Zip
So what else is on your mind besides hundred-proof women, 'n' ninety-proof whiskey, 'n' fourteen-carat gold?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:36:26 PM »

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 02:41:04 PM »
The story lines are getting better. I like the characterizations and quality of the actors.

We are all the products of our past, so I enjoy the jumping back and forth from Eli's past to the present.

It's an old story - no one gets rich save at the expense of someone else, big money begets even bigger money through powerful people and connections.

And when push comes to shove between land hungry people and the Indians, we know who wins.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 04:22:01 PM »
It's not Deadwood, but I'm liking it well enough.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com