Author Topic: April showers bring flooded basements,Might as well drink Cawfee,Tea Etc.  (Read 48386 times)

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
TK, you need some onions in there to make some flavor.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Cue the sink holes,M2 :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 38 and raining. "Much colder. Rain. Light snow also possible. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Highs in the lower 40s. West wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 33 and cloudy. "Not as cool. Partly sunny. A chance of sprinkles and drizzle in the morning  then a slight chance of light rain in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 50s. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Morning all.

Weather is forecast for sunny with a high near 70, winds of 15mph.   :-\

I have a city trip today. My sister's high school is getting a tour of Shasta Dam and the associated power plant, as well as the Shasta Caverns.  I'm going for some reason, apparently.  I haven't been told the reason, only that there is one.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Coffee fail !  

sitting here with weak mug of ....brown warm water, not sure what happened, to the Keurig,
I made it in the dark, so I may have done something  ??? different....

should be dark Dunkin Donut roast....  it's now 5 minutes later, and I dumped the first mug out, turned on the light
reloaded the Keurig and this time my coffee is fine...I know I put a new cartridge in and check to see if a decaf was slipped in on me  ::)
Oh well, another, earthly mystery for me to ponded.

Glass Skulls, Stonehenge and my cup of weak JO  April 30, 2017 ....

In other news, on the way to work yesterday, I'm tooling along , slowed and entered a left turn lane to the on ramp  of Florida's
Turnpike..... Engine shut off, just like that    ....Check Engine light  and Digital screen say's consult Owner's manual...

Yeah , right there with other's trying to turn, stacking up behind me ...read the owners manual  ::)  rrrightttt !
Try to restart, NADA Oh ! wait needs to be in PARK and the brake fully depressed ... OK
Yea ! it starts..... but have no go.....it will do maybe 15-20 MPH that's it....
So I have enough zip to get out of traffic and on a safe shoulder on the side of the street....

Understand , this is 2017 Edge , Call the Dealer ( before open hours Drat ) call back ....they say call Ford Roadside Assistance
They were great, pin point my location with GPS ...and I left it there, (Wife picked me up and ran me up to the Job 20 )
Ford Roadside Assistance, texts and then calls 4 times ...1. confirms I'm OK  and Helps is dispatched
then 2. Help will be there within 25 mins..... 3. Help is there, confirms Tag #  and finally 4. my car is at the dealer...

Dealer calls, they have it, and are looking into it....  Turns out to be the Throttle Body, seems my Edge is "drive by wire" ...
no mechanical linkage or cable .... electric sensor > foot pressure transmits to the loud peddle and then to the TB how much go I want ...via a Computer CPU. *

They replace the TB under warranty ( of course ) and it's ready by 1PM ....

Annoying as HELL, but can fault the service....

There is a built in program called "limp home mode " that will over ride automatically if the link fails,   and allow the car to drive ( slowly)
for safety sake ( kinda like a governor )

There is even a Code, that tells " that what it is.... so the Mechanic knows what to repair right away...  

still annoying as HELL .... I quit working on them when Carburetor's when the way of the Dodo bird.  

when planets align...do the deal !

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Working on the shed floor today.
Brought the trailer back from my father's. New oak bed. Found springs at the local salvage yard. They were from a '97 F150. Not exact what was on it, but it worked. It moved the axle an inch or 2 backwards. I'll post pictures later,

'Tis 43 and partly sunny. "Mostly sunny in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. A slight chance of light rain in the afternoon. Highs around 50. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning all.

The joys of modern engineering, right Major? ::)  My brother and I are starting to work on our dad's old '77 Chevy.  Carbed 400ci  with forged internals and a racing cam.  It used to be in a Camaro, but now it's in a 1/2 ton.  :P  Kind of funny, though.  My brother went from a Minecraft nerd on Monday to a gear head on Wednesday.  I don't know what happened, but I'm not complaining.

I ended up not making a city trip yesterday.  Someone had to stay home to watch the escape artist labrador, and my dad couldn't because he had to travel for work.  So we stayed home and played fetch. ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
We're getting a bunch of rain today, thunder,too. Temps in the high 50's ,lower 60's :o :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Drizzle today, may turn to snow tomorrow. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Rain all day, varied from moderate showers to genuine toad strangler. No fun for delivering mail. Mail Blazer heater messed up, seems the "blend door actuator motor" has failed, so the only temp setting is-REAL COLD. So it's either drive with totally fogged over windows, or, use the defroster-which puts out only REAL COLD air.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Here it tiz.... dawn on the last day in April 2017 .....it's been an interesting Month ,  

Drought (in Florida ? ) less than .25 inch all month...  front yard is dead  ::)
I turned a year older (+11 days towards counting down to new Decade next year )
I'm now loading a brandy new Powder ( at least to me ) APP , after testing it out , I'm all  :)  ( WAS only )
Broke down in my brand new Car  ???
Won a Glock in a drawing ( han't seen it yet though )  :-\

Coffee's on,  best double check it though !
figured out what I did to yesterday's ...It took out the old cartridge from the Keurig , and  a new one out  of the storage bin
turned around to toss the old one.... but instead tossed the new unused and reinstalled the used one from the morning before.
Outcome ... Crap ....I blame the dark and early hour  :-[ 1/2 asleep stupor....

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
M2, we'd like to send down some of our rain clouds to you in Fl. Rained off and on most of the night here. Remains to be seen if we can go out to church later.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 39 and mist. "Blustery. Cloudy. A chance of light rain in the morning  then light rain likely in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 40s. Northeast wind 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. "

Slim

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Results of morning reconnaissance: To the west, crossing the Wet Auglaize creek at Bobby Jones Slab, still impassable, although water appears to have gone down at least 4' from it's peak. To the north, Happy Holler slab, traffic passing through. To the east, Seven Springs slab passable, 4-6" water over slab. Church looks like a "go".

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Afternoon all. 

Home from the city.  Blue sky, 80 degrees.   I'm sipping sweet tea wondering in I can afford to go fishing.  I still need tires, but the lake is 95% full for the first time in ten years.  Decisions.  ::)

--TK

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
TK: Depends if your tires are good enough to get to the lake(and back).

On the mighty Mail Blazer: Heat/cool-working now. Took out the blend door actuator and put back the same oneand now it works ??? Guess I can return the $43 new one. 4WD now working (replaced vacuum hose). Tested it in hayfield road.  AFIK, good to go for tomorrow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com