Author Topic: April showers bring flooded basements,Might as well drink Cawfee,Tea Etc.  (Read 48651 times)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
We got the evil white stuff as advertised, temps in the 30's. Didn't stick to the roads, though, luckily :P
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Evening y'all.
Put in 12.75 hours at verk today. In the middle of implementing new phone system. Going in tomorrow afternoon to finish.
Be verking Sunday which is the monthly systems outage.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Was 79F here, only did 8 1/4 today, scheduled for 47 this week, we'll see how that works out, will be close to 50 I bet. ::)

Day off did me good.   

Saw the one PT gal at the store tonight after work, she's over night manager there.  She stopped in Thursday about 3:30 am to see why the pumps were taped.  Told me I looked like S***, told me it was good I had a day off. ;D   Oh well cost the company $1100 dollars for the mess, guess they eat it or check the video to see who did it.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Amoco Quik Mart , had a blaze yesterday,  somebody pulled out with filler hose still in ....big flames.
 It was the day for fire, another car went up on the 408
 http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/traffic/os-state-road-408-i4-vehicle-fire-20170322-story.html

and two houses.... http://www.clickorlando.com/news/2-house-fires-ignite-in-osceola-county
when planets align...do the deal !

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

I'll finish my breakfast and then off to verk.

'Tis 56 and sunny. High of 65.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Sunny here as well, temps in the upper 50's ::)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
77 here, turned the air on a bit, pollen bothers Rita.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Also smokey here, controlled burns south in the Flint Hills and smoke came up here.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Pollen is starting up here,too,Del. Wife is allergic to dandelions, she's already coughing and sniffling :P ::)

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Verked 5 hours. Made good progress.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
I got the fire up and coffee for the night watch.

Today had some odd weather.  When I got up at 8, it was 28 degrees and everything was frozen.  Then at Search and Rescue, it dropped evil white stuff on us while we were tracking.  It stopped around 10:30, and then was 60 degrees and sunny by noon.   ???

At SAR, we got to play with new toys.  A $65,000 truck pulling a $12,000 ATV with a 78hp 850cc engine.  ::)  I also got some "surplus" (read '12 years past when it was supposed to have been cycled out of inventory') ammo.  100 rounds of 115 grain FMJ 9mm.  Not a bad day.

Tomorrow, my sister leaves for a school trip to Yosemite NP for a week.  I did that three years ago, so I've been "packing consultant."   "What should be in my trail bag?"  "Should I bring an extra water bottle?"  "how many pairs of socks should I bring."  etc.   Mostly what I'm hearing is "can I borrow more of your expensive stuff to take with me on a trip with a bunch of sketchy highschool girls?" :-\

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23

"can I borrow more of your expensive stuff to take with me on a trip with a bunch of sketchy highschool girls?" :-\

--TK
[/quote]''

Over the years, I've learned to never loan anything that I'm not willing to give.   :)
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
"Over the years, I've learned to never loan anything that I'm not willing to give."

that right there is good advise....

Yesterday was " Ladies Day at the range "  once a year, a hosted & sponsored event, to introduce Women to the multiple disciplines of shooting....
IDPA, Precision Pistol, Appleseed, long-range, Steel Challenge, Muzzle Loading , silhouette & Cowboy Action

152 Ladies of the 385 attending shot Cowboy, all left with BIG smiles and have had fun.

Glock donated two Pistols & Legacy Sports offered an Over-Under 12 Gauge as Gate prizes....

I give my time (10 Hours) and my experience.... Club gives the Ammo, in my case 1500 rounds 38 Special and 800 12 Gauge Rounds.
Guns are CAS shooters personal .... ( SASS & NCOWS shooters volunteer to man the CAS Bay. )

* in regards to the above Quote ...I don't loan my guns ( A. I don't shoot 38's  &  B. for personal & perceived legal issues )
I just don't do it....

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Finishing breakfast and off to verk.

'Tis 56 and overcast. High of 68.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Afternoon all.

Well, I'm down with the cruds.  No voice, nose is nonfunctioning, and throat seems to be trying to start a fire in there. :-[  Went from some sniffles yesterday to out of commission in six hours.   On the bright side, I have tomorrow off work, so I can just sit home and be miserable, instead of doing it there. ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Ben Beam

• SASS Affiliated Merchant (#105892)
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Ben Beam & Co. -- Old West Ephemera
  • Liked:
Went to the indoor range today with a friend. While he was on the firing line I made the mistake of looking up at the ceiling. The number of bullet holes directly above where the shooter stands was a bit disconcerting. Trigger discipline? Is that where you smack the trigger extra hard when you're mad at it?
Ben Beam & Co. -- Bringing You a New Old West -- Reproduction Old West Ephemera for re-enactors, living historians, set dressing, chuckwagons, props, or just for fun!
http://www.BenBeam.com

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Has anyone talked to Texas Law Dawg aka Jim Reed recently?

Been a while, I've been busy, no activity I can find on FB and his phone goes right to voice mail. :-[

Left messages and PM's, if he don't show up soon I'm going to try a couple things to find out.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Going to verk early to help people with the new phone system.

'Tis 61 and cloudy. "MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. TEMPERATURES NEAR 60. SOUTH WIND 5 TO 10 MPH."

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Has anyone talked to Texas Law Dawg aka Jim Reed recently?

Been a while, I've been busy, no activity I can find on FB and his phone goes right to voice mail. :-[

Left messages and PM's, if he don't show up soon I'm going to try a couple things to find out.

He has not returned my calls ether  :(

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 123
I did some searching and it is with great sorrow that I have to inform Y'all that TLD passed away on 01/07/2017. This is what I found and I called the funeral home and they confirmed that this was TLD.
http://texasobits.tributes.com/obituary/show/James-R.-Reed-104335406

Vaya con Dios Texas Lawdog
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com