Author Topic: April showers bring flooded basements,Might as well drink Cawfee,Tea Etc.  (Read 48653 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Morning all.

We have fog in the low areas today.  Visibility is about 200 yards.  And I have to drive on the highway through this.  :-\

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Today was a duplicate of yesterday, but in black and white instead of full color.  High of 60 both days but had a high broken overcast for a shades of grey today to offset the sever clear color of yesterday.

Spent yesterday empting my four drawer tool cabinet, reorganizing everything, then putting it all back in the drawers.  Can actually find things now.  Today the toilet needed repair, and I was thinking I wouldn’t have any problem find the tools I would need, totally forgetting that the only tools needed to replace a ballcock in a newer toilet are a thumb and forefinger.  Guess I’ll have to wait of a different project to totally appreciate all my work on Saturday.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Rained early, but sunshine after church. Mowed some grass, worked on fence, and sawed down a big ugly bunch of thorn trees. Thorns caused a few leaks in me, but didn't loose enough blood toned a transfusion or anything.

Advertising

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
TS passed not much, some noise, a bit of rain, mostly just interrupted the Satellite feed awhile is all  ::)

some cooler today they say,  high of 85 °F ... Anyway coffee's on , morning ablutions complete.... nearly

30 minute work 20 commute, less the IDIOTS snarl up the Turnpike with a rubber necking finder bender...read likely  ::)

seems the new 417 exit ( been complete 2 years) can't be negotiated on Monday's without drama.

if you are lucky, it's a 20mph slow roll...if not it's a parking lot .... lucky ? maybe 2 Mondays a month !

Fortunately, my exit is just before and I sometimes just get a slow pass,  before it's all stop.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Kinda late to the party, but I believe you're looking at the '60's on that bed as well, Slim. ::) ;)

Kinda under the weather today, started yesterday afternoon. Starting to come out of it,though :P

Weather things say 70 at the moment with rain in the offing :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
A link for Scattered Thumbs.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Coffee is hot.

Another day in the low 60’s today.  The Truckee’s finally starting to drop a little.  They will probably start releasing water from some of the upstream reservoirs soon, in prep for the Spring snow melt runoff as the weather warms up.   
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 31 and overcast. "Cooler. Cloudy. A chance of light rain in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 40s. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning all.

Sunny and 70 is the forecast here.  Same thing yesterday, and that's what we got. 

In other news, I'm pretty well stuck at home for the next couple of weeks.  The dog went into heat again yesterday, and we already have 'callers' in the yard.  And I don't know 'bout you, but i don't want to be out there when the 80lb lab and 65lb boxer/pit are both in the yard in that mood.  :o

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
Continuing to suffer from beautiful days here on the coastal plains....suffering, because I have a desk job (for the most part)!
I'll get out after lunch and take a walk.

Be safe....
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Started out with some sun early, then went to clouds on the trip to Girard for a mandatory meeting( drug and OHSA related). Sun's out here again temp is high 40's ::)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
I'm sitting in my pickup by the front door at work on overtime watching the floor crew do he floors and telling people we are closed.

Had the FD out for a fuel spill about 9:30.  Boss and I had to sweep up at 200 pounds of kitty litter.  Got to push the big red button. ::) FD has to stop and approve opening the fuel island.  Going to be a 12 hour day, all ot.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Coffee's up, - posta have Thunderstorms with a high of 77 ° and a 100% chance of precipitation.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Don't want none, just had supper, 13 hours today.  Get tomorrow off, was supposed to do a 2 HR shift but Jake said he'd come in early.  Had a fuel spill, had Haz Mat out.  Boss and I ended up sweeping up 240 pounds of hi dri. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Forgot I already posted that. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.

'Tis 32 and cloudy. High of 47.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning all.

Well, we went from 70 degrees and sunny, to 55 with 2" of rain forecast for today and tomorrow. :-\  Up to 6 " of white stuff over 5000 feet, too.

I did get a new knife, though.  A Kershaw Brawler.  I found it on the ground, and now I take it to work.  ::)

--TK

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
50's here, and raining. Temps are supposed to drop overnight, and we're supposed to get a dusting of the evil white stuff :P ::)

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 28 and sunny. High of 53.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning all.

We're still raining here.  We're at 1.6" so far, and the clouds aren't supposed to vacate the area until Sunday or Monday.  The higher parts of the highways are being plowed, too.   And the wind.  It's pretty steady around 5 mph, but it gusts high enough to have us worried about the windows.

--TK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com