Author Topic: April showers bring flooded basements,Might as well drink Cawfee,Tea Etc.  (Read 48661 times)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
What're you going to do with all that spare time,Del? ::) ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 48 and overcast. "Cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 50s. North wind 5 to 10 mph shifting to the east in the afternoon. Chance of rain 40 percent"

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
Thanks for the coffee...  It flooded here yesterday.  I had to take a different route home from work, due to road closures.  The road was back open this morning, and it was still swamped!  It started raining again!  Hope it doesn't last long. 
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Advertising

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Morning all.

Well, yesterday was an adventure.  I went out with a friend to do a combined shopping/4x4 trip in his truck.  We only hit one tree, but he did lose park and 1st. :o 

Silly automatic transmission.  ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Online Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
What're you going to do with all that spare time,Del? ::) ;D

Try to get ready for my summer trips for one.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
We took down trees today, one clump with 7 trunks :P Associate cut while I pulled on a rope to make sure they didn't hit the home or post lamp. Lots of brush to deal with, then loaded up the fire wood. It goes to the boss's place for his fire pit tomorrow ::)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Hmmmm. Guess I'll start the pots going ::)

Rained over night here, temp is 58 at the moment. Guesser's are saying maybe 80 today ::) :o

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

T'storms overnight. Got 'bout 1".

'Tis 40 and sprinkling. "Cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning. Highs around 50. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph shifting to the west 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning all.

Rain and "sky-zaps" as one of my friends calls it.  .5" yesterday, more expected tonight. 

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 35 and sunny. High of 57.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning all.

Nothing on the schedule today.  Just working this morning.  Tonight at dusk I'm going to try and locate a turkey in an area that theoretically has a lot of turkeys, but I haven't seen one there in ten years.  We'll see how that goes.  ::)

--TK

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Saw a tom this week,TK. We were coming out of the sewer plant road. It was in the side yard of one of the homes down by the office. It noticed us stopped to look, and flew across the road and ran down the far side of the office and into the woods behind the office. Yesterday, a resident was stopped on the entry street looking kind of weird. We stopped to ask if she was okay and she said she just missed a turkey on the main road outside the park.I've got a couple of main flight feathers here on our cherry sofa table ::) ;D ;)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I hit a duck with my windshield Wednesday.  Actually, I was stationary  The duck flew into me. ::) 

--TK

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Guess he forgot to "duck" ;D

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
I hit a duck with my windshield Wednesday.  Actually, I was stationary  The duck flew into me. ::) 

--TK

Quacked up ...Huh !   :P
when planets align...do the deal !

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Working on the shed floor today.

'Tis 56 and sunny. High of 62.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
I got hot water on for the night crew. ::)

I took the dog out for her first rifle hunting trip today.  Sort of.  I used an air rifle.  She's still pretty gun shy, so we're working on that.  I didn't have any luck, but she managed to catch and eat a fox squirrel.  I told her she was a good girl and kept on down the road.  ::)

We also turned up a couple of duck nests, complete with eggs.  We left those alone.  :)

--TK

Online Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Delmonico tosses some more wood on the fire and munches pizza, our competitor has pretty good pizza they make frsh, got them on speed dial, call them and tell them I'm coming with my purple pick-up for a pizza.   
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Guns is guns,M2. Plastic, historic, or not. we all have our preferences. Wheel guns are mine, along with lever long guns ::) ;)

Even the horrible black guns will be historic someday.
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 60 and sunny. High of 63.

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com