Author Topic: new hammer???  (Read 2037 times)

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
new hammer???
« on: March 24, 2017, 05:36:13 PM »
I have a USAF nickel plated made by Uberti,,It has the hammer with the safety,,,,I was thinking about getting a stainless hammer without the safety...My question is..Does the Uberti hammers need  fitting/.And if it has the pawl with the larger pin ,, can I just order the right size pawl to go with the hammer?...

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: new hammer???
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 06:31:29 PM »
I think you meant "USFA" as opposed to a nickel plated US Air Force ...... yes??  The answer is yes to both your questions.  You can substitute a Uberti Nickel hammer, a Stainless hammer or just a polished hammer.  Minor fitting as always.  Nothing ever just "drops in."  You may also be in a position where you have to change the Pawl (Hand) which will require re-timing.  May also require a change of the Bolt.

All of which is a lot of bother just to get rid of that ugly hammer safety thingie.  Your Call.

Coffinmaker

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 10:44:20 PM »
I think you meant "USFA" as opposed to a nickel plated US Air Force ...... yes?? 
Coffinmaker

Ya got me, :-[,,But a Nickel  Plated Air Force would look pretty sharp...Thanks for the info about the  hammer swap

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:29:35 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com