Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2017, 09:46:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  SCORRS (Moderator: Bull Schmitt)  |  Topic: I feel like a traitor.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I feel like a traitor....  (Read 2974 times)
Tuolumne Lawman
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains

« on: March 08, 2017, 07:57:17 pm »

Well, when I came back to CAS this year, the first thing I did was buy an Uberti 1860 Henry in .45 Colt again, a J C Higgins 12 Ga. SxS, and two Pietta 1858 Remingtons with the 6 shot .45 Colt R&D cylinders from Cimarron.  I was very contented, but....

My persona is an ex-military lawman in the California Gold Fields.  He carries an 1860 Henry and two .44 Henry revolvers.  about 10-12 years ago, when I was in CAS the first time, I had a pair of 1872 Open Tops to go with the Henry I had then.

Remington conversions were common. and even some examples in 44 rimfire.  Problem is, I wanted an Open Top.  Well, I was browsing Gunbroker and found an unfired, NIB used 1872 Open Top, Navy frame, 4 3/4" barrel in.45 Colt... for $400 But it Now!  I did it, I bought it.  At that price, I could not resist.  I did it.  What's worse, I know that after I get it, I'll sell one of my two Remingtons and R&D cylinder so I can get another!

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 06:35:08 am »

répondre par oui   .... ye traiter, ya!     Grin

Sssss OK though ..... one can own both .....  Smiley

* th (1).jpg (5.35 KB, 241x181 - viewed 54 times.)
Tuolumne Lawman
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 09:59:55 pm »

In the past, when I had the Uberti factory gated conversion 1858 in .45 Colt, I carried a Colt 1872 Open Top as my 2nd pistol.  That is probably what I will do again, because I like both styles of conversion.  The 4 3/4" Colt as my "little" revolver,  paired with the 8" Remington in .45 as my "Big" revolver.

When I get the Colt (after shipping time and CA 10 day jail), I'll probably sell my 5.5" 1858 and the R&D cylinder.  Nice thing about that is no FFL needed!

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators
Cowtown
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 12:24:07 pm »

PM sent, Tuolumne.

Tuolumne Lawman
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 03:42:48 pm »

Well, after soul searching, I am selling the 1858s and R&D cylinders.  I have been practicing loading and unloading table, and the arthritis in my hands proved more of a problem than it was last time I had the R&Ds and Remmies 10 years ago. After loading and unloading the open top, there was no comparison in dexterity requirements, so ordered a second Open Top in .45.  I'm keeping the .31 Remington with the .32 S&W cylinder for a pocket pistol.

They are listed on SASS Wire classifieds and CAS CITY classified.  Available as singles, or as a pair at a discount.

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
Tuolumne Lawman
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 09:36:30 pm »

They have the 6 shot Taylor's R&D cylinders.  I have $580 into each set up, selling for MUCH less.

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
Tuolumne Lawman
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 05:46:37 pm »

Here's a link to the SASS wire classifieds for them.  They are also in the classifieds here, but can not put good pictures in the CAS City classifieds.

http://www.sassnet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/260992-pietta-44-1858s-with-rd-6-shot-45-colt-cylinders/

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
Tuolumne Lawman
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 02:28:23 pm »

Well, I sold the 1858s with R&D in favor of two 1872 Open Tops and an 1860 with a R&D cylinder as a back up.  I did keep the 31 Remmie with the .32 S&W cylinder, though!

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  SCORRS (Moderator: Bull Schmitt)  |  Topic: I feel like a traitor.... « previous next »
Jump to: