Author Topic: The lever addiction got me again.  (Read 157 times)

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
The lever addiction got me again.
« on: April 09, 2024, 10:49:33 AM »
The bug bit me again and my latest Winchester/Miroku rifle is an 1892 Limited Series Deluxe Takedown in 45 Colt with a 20” barrel. I cannot find this rifle catalogued anywhere. I did find an article on the internet that said the rifle was issued in 2008 in calibers .357 mag, .44 mag, 44-40, and 45 Colt. The article stated there were 231 issued with a 24” barrel and 231 with a 20” barrel. A trapper with a 16” barrel came later. I don’t know how many Trappers were issued. Also, this rifle is not listed in the Blue Book of Gun Values. I am thinking this was one of Davidson’s limited issue rifles and if so, I think the MSRP was somewhere around $1899 but not certain. I am almost certain the rifle is unfired as the breach and bolt face are perfectly clean. Absolutely no evidence it has been fired. A friend who works at one of my LGS called me yesterday and told me a guy was wanting to trade it for something else and that it had belonged to his deceased father. I had told my friend only a couple of days before to be on the lookout for one of the new Winchesters in a trapper takedown because I was interested in one. Not the greatest looking wood but not bad either. I know this isn’t a trapper but is what they now refer to as a short rifle. I’ll just continue to be on the lookout for a trapper.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline Black River Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
Re: The lever addiction got me again.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 10:56:59 AM »
Looks very nice and hopefully it is unfired.

Enjoy!
Black River Smith

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1194
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 04:26:16 PM »
The wood looks good, especially the right side.  Nice find.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:01:03 PM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 08:05:33 PM »

:) Lou  ;)

That Rifle be Right Yummy you betcha.  GREAT find  :o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk