Author Topic: March into Spring Coffee, Tea and such  (Read 36056 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: March into Spring Coffee, Tea and such
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2017, 04:11:34 PM »
70 and a bit cloudy, got lucky, last indoor CAS shoot at the Nebraska Outdoor Education Center for the season, lunch provided this time.

Yes that is Kingsford in the pile and on the ovens, not my first choice but will work, hate to think how much of that junk I'd use in a year, burnt 15 pounds today.  Pork Roast, herbed tators, peach cobbler and biscuits.   
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 07:44:26 AM »
Morning all.  I've got coffee and some type of oat dish on the table. ::)

Yesterday was "Everyone in the Ditch" day.  Which translates to, we got a couple of inches of white stuff that melted before noon.  Still, the towtruck drivers all got overtime. :-\  I went out with a friend in his truck and we did some donuts up by the lake. 

We got another two or three inches overnight, though it didn't stick on the road, so I shouldn't get creamed going to work today.  I hope. :(

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 07:28:07 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Coming down with a cold, so I am staying home today.

The oldest mentioned the last name of one of her professors, which is not a common name and a name in my better half's genealogy. So, I Googled his name and found the obit of his paternal grandmother. Guess what? I found his paternal grandparents in the genealogy. Therefore, her professor is her 4th cousin once removed.

T'storm went thru 'bout 22:00 bringing winds. Walked the ranch. Didn't find any trees or large branches down.

'Tis 34, windy and partly cloudy. "Windy. Mostly sunny. Highs around 50. Southwest wind 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 45 mph."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 07:32:52 AM »

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 07:53:58 AM »
Small world, right?

Morning all.

I didn't get creamed going to work yesterday.  Though I came close on five separate occasions.  In a town of 2900 people (wintertime population), how can five of the stupid ones all be driving like morons in one mile of road? >:(  Let me give this soap box back...

I'm headed to the city today.  Mother needs help grocery shopping, and I have some things to do.  I might wind up coming home with a new gun safe, though.  The local Sportsman's Warehouse is having a sale to get rid of last year's stock, so they had a Browning 8 gun safe for $250.  If it's still there... ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 08:26:52 AM »
Small world, right?

Morning all.

I didn't get creamed going to work yesterday.  Though I came close on five separate occasions.  In a town of 2900 people (wintertime population), how can five of the stupid ones all be driving like morons in one mile of road? >:(  Let me give this soap box back...

I'm headed to the city today.  Mother needs help grocery shopping, and I have some things to do.  I might wind up coming home with a new gun safe, though.  The local Sportsman's Warehouse is having a sale to get rid of last year's stock, so they had a Browning 8 gun safe for $250.  If it's still there... ::)

--TK
Is it big enough? You have to plan for the future.  ;)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 12:23:46 PM »
Coming out of our cold snap, heading for 48 this afternoon.  May break 60 by Thursday.  Got another 4+” of evil white stuff Sunday, so I’ve now used the snow blower 5 times this year ((way more that all the previous years combined.  Only once in that time frame).  The news said that Mount Roce , just West of town now has the most snow pack in the country (think If that’s true, they have to mean just the lower 48).
 Been fighting a problem with the wifes laptop.  The browser locks up waiting on a website (doesn’t matter what one, or what browser I’m using).  Takes a reboot to get it back.  Got me stumped..
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,58869.0.html
Why didn't y'all tell me these were so great before? I would have bought one years ago.  ::)

Slim

I guess you weren't listening.

Got one with Pacymr grips and had a new barrel put on at S&W and a second that was police issue locally in good condition. Both shooters
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2017, 03:50:38 PM »
Bad weather in Missouri last night has finally reached us here in Bama
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2017, 06:31:18 PM »
I just traded into a Ruger New Vaquero sheriffs model in .44 special and a S&W Model 28-2 Highway Patrolman 4 inch in .357.Only problem with the S&W is a previous owner had it chrome plated with the trigger and hammer gold plate,All it needs are a set of Mother of pearl stocks to finish out the "Pimp" look.Pictures to follow when I get a chance.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2017, 08:00:44 PM »
The weather Roo mentioned went through my area last night, nowhere near as bad as the KC area. Big elm tree in the fencerow across the road blew down, blocking the road. A neighbor came by this morning and cut just enough to get a car by, we finished cutting the part off the road after work. A branch (or something wind blown) took out the back glass in the Wife's Trailblazer. Car was parked in the open, if it was a branch, it traveled at least 30-40 feet before hitting the car. And whatever it was, kept going, there's nothing in or against the car.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2017, 10:14:08 PM »
Watch this, from Sunday. 

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2017, 10:27:09 PM »
Watch this, from Sunday. 

Nice. I only saw your boots, Del.

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2017, 11:13:15 PM »
Lots of pictures of my boots around. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2017, 06:57:56 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Going to verk. I'll see how it goes.

'Tis 32, windy, and partly sunny. "Windy. Colder. Partly cloudy in the morning then clearing. Highs in the upper 30s. West wind 25 to 35 mph with gusts to around 55 mph."

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2017, 07:27:11 AM »
Morning all.

City trip went fine.  I'm still alive, in any case. ::)  No gun safe, though.  The one I wanted was sold out, and the only other one in my price range at the time was an 18 gun safe that doesn't look like it would stay shut in a stout wind.  The next one up was an entire month's paycheck.  I did get some new boots, though.  And a holster for my Beretta.  It only took a year.

Weather here is forecast as rain until Friday or Saturday, with highs in the mid 50s, and lows around 35.  Not much wind in the valley, so probably not more than 5-10 mph. 

Off to work I go.

--TK

Offline ol coot

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2017, 08:47:09 AM »
Morning all, Del, your making me hungry all over again. :)
My Lord is my shepard, my bible is my guide, my horse is my partner, my colt's on my side.  
RGA#684
RAT#514
Storm#370
SASS#46209

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2017, 06:09:43 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Wind finally calmed down.  ::)

'Tis 25 and overcast. High of 34.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2017, 07:24:28 AM »
Morning all.

Off to work early this morning.  Have an extra half hour to fit in, so I'm doing it today.  Directly after, I'm going coyote hunting with a friend. 

--TK

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2017, 05:34:34 PM »
Morning all.

Off to work early this morning.  Have an extra half hour to fit in, so I'm doing it today.  Directly after, I'm going coyote hunting with a friend. 

--TK
Did ya get any coyotes?

Slim

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2017, 10:42:32 PM »
Wind played havoc here, too. Got set of steps blown over on one of the high streets and loose shingles on both of the new homes up top that are still under assembly. One of the for sale models also suffered skirting damage that's going to take some work to correct. :-\

We at least got the exposed water lines for the pipeline company's RV's insulated today. It's now snowing prodigiously as I type :P
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com