Author Topic: New Member: Uberti 1876 45-75 coming:  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Pinback

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Member: Uberti 1876 45-75 coming:
« on: February 25, 2017, 01:38:03 PM »
Hello, I'm the new guy. I have a Uberti Centennial 1876 45-75 coming, not too soon though. Uberti/Stoeger/Benelli say's they are on back order and to expect a 60 day wait. They suggested I pay for it now to insure my spot in line, said if they wait until the delivery to run the card I'm not guaranteed to get one. Demand must be strong. The good news is I'll receive a brand spankin' new one. I'm really not sure what to expect. They certainly have had ample time to get them right. So in great anticipation I've assembled some inventory:
-Marble's Semi-Buckhorn sight #67 Unsure about the front sight height, looking at vintage Marble/Sheard.
-Lyman Classic 3 Die Set
-Lyman Shell Holder X-36
-Lyman Mould #457122 FN HP 330gr.
-Lyman Mould #457643 LA, FN 400gr. It's only about .10 longer than the 330gr. -unsure about suitability in the bottle neck case and unknown rate of twist. Some are 20, some 22 I've read.
-P.C.I. Loaded Cartridges (40) they'll get fire formed so only need neck sizing.
-Old Eynsford FFg 4lbs. left (I also shoot a Sharps 1874 in 45-90)
Attended a gun show last weekend in Laramie Wyoming and picked up an original 45-75 cartridge with the WCF head stamp for $5.00. It compared surprisingly very similar to the new P.C.I. (head stamped JBA).
  So now I'll hurry up and wait. I can cast up an inventory of bullets and get them lubed in the mean time. My loading equipment is pretty well set up with a powder drop tube, 45 cal. compression die, Bullet sizing dies.
  I called up Western Powder and they provided me with they're known data (Italian 1876's Only) for Smokeless- Accurate 5744 and Accurate 2015. Surprisingly they listed a 5744 loading with a 400gr bullet. I specifically asked him if the data was only for cast bullets. His reply was it works for cast or jacketed!? The maximum listed psi is 24,000. If anyone would like me to email their data I'll copy and paste with all the disclaimers.
  I can't remember the pertinent questions I was going to ask but oh well. Cheers!  

"The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."  Alexander Hamilton

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
Re: New Member: Uberti 1876 45-75 coming:
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 02:45:32 PM »
Oh boy, are you going to love that gun!  I've been having a ton of fun with my carbine in .45-75.  I'll send a PM with my email address for the data you have.

Have you checked for availability with the various importers?  I believe that your dealer can lock you in for one through Cimarron without running your card.   You will be given the right of refusal without penalty.

Welcome!   You'll find this to be a great group of folks who will provide many years of experience and knowledge.

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1181
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 09:41:23 PM »
So did you make the payment?  If not, Cimarron has 13 in stock in 45-75.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:42:19 AM »

Offline Pinback

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 07:50:35 AM »
  Yes the Stoeger/Uberti has been paid for. The wait begins. I'm not aware of any specific build variations between the Stoeger import and the Cimmaron. The identifying stampings and perhaps the stock finish may be a bit different. The stated warranty on the Uberti web page is for five years though fireing anything but factory manufactured ammunition voids it. There's no way in God's creation I could resist making my own cartridges, that coupled with the exorbitant prices for factory loads.
  I'll be pleased with good wood to metal fitment and some figure in the stock would be a bonus. Purchasing something like this sight unseen is a gamble I'm begrudgingly willing to take. I've owned an original early second model with the thumb print dust cover in 45-60. It was a decent shooting rifle but unfortunatly it got away from me. I'm expecting the factory new one to exceed my previous one for accuracy. I remember scaring pigeons at 100 yards, they weren't in much danger.
  When it warms up some I'll start casting, it's all of 11 degrees outside as I write this. Burr!     
"The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."  Alexander Hamilton

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1181
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 08:29:52 AM »
I think most importers will honor a warranty despite having shot reloads, if the defect obviously has nothing to do with the ammo.  Good luck with your new toy!  The wait will fly by  :)

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 08:57:39 PM »
  Yes the Stoeger/Uberti has been paid for. The wait begins. I'm not aware of any specific build variations between the Stoeger import and the Cimmaron. The identifying stampings and perhaps the stock finish may be a bit different.      

The stampings are certainly different and more correct on the Cimarron. Mine has a tang sight so you can't see the authentic style tang stampings anyway but normally those little things matter to me.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline doketx

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 08:08:00 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  You'll love the fact that you can get a lot of very unusual questions answered here.  I too have a Stoeger/Uberti, in 45-60.  Fine gun and a blast to shoot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com