Author Topic: Henry sling swivels  (Read 3283 times)

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
Henry sling swivels
« on: February 17, 2017, 11:40:48 PM »
Well, I only paid $1050 for my 45 LC 1860 Henry, but it wasn't a military model.  The cheapest Military model I saw was about $250 more than this.  I really wanteed a military one.  I already had picked up a Henry Sling from S and S Sutler.   VTI was out of stock, and no one had everything in one place. I picked up a front loop and screws from Brownell's, and a rear swivel from Numrich.  Total outlay was about $70.  I had a tap set from the last Henry I pit swivels on in about 2006.

Anyway, I drilled, tapped, and mounted the front tonight.  What a pain in the but, but it went well.  Stayed out of the magazine tube with the screws!.  I will do the rear on Sunday.. I figure I'll mount it on the surface, then scribe a line around the base plate.  I'll take it off and inset the stock.  IIRC, that's a pain too! LOL.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Henry sling swivels
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 02:36:00 PM »
I had a similar dilemma.  I did, However, find MY sling swivels quickly.  Lucky for me.  They came with the whole rifle attached   :o ;D

Coffinmaker

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 04:04:24 PM »
Dixie Gun Works has them... and the hook-and-eye swivels, too.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:28:27 PM »

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 05:40:18 PM »
Well, Here's my baby.  Actually went pretty easy on the rear.  I put a layer of heavy clear packing tape over the area to be , screwed the rear swivel in place on the surface over  the tape, then used an Exacto tho trace the outside edge of the swivel.  Took the swivel base back off, and used a Dremel with a mini end mill bit.  A couple minor goof, but I'll refinish and touch it up, if I don't strip the stock and give it an oil stain finish.  I used brass screws instead of steel on the base, just for a little flash!

Here's a close up of the boxes:  Since I am loading 200 grain Schofield loads, I got .45 Schofield Cheyenne Cartridge Boxes from Buffalo Arms, and overlayed a label I dummied up.

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com