Author Topic: S&W top breaks????  (Read 3960 times)

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
S&W top breaks????
« on: June 19, 2017, 07:12:14 PM »
Never had the chance to handle any of the single action S&W top breaks.
Was wondering about the triggers,,
After firing,,,do you have to release the trigger before you can cycle the action,,like a double action revolver?

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: S&W top breaks????
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 07:59:28 PM »
Yes.

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 09:32:29 PM »

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:00:51 PM »

Offline Johnson Barr

• Berger Sharpshooters, KVC, Blue River Regulators #129, Johnson County Rangers, GAF
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS Life, NCOWS Merchant
    • J Barr Texas
  • NCOWS #: L-173
  • GAF #: 830
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 07:53:34 PM »
Actually no. You can thumb slip S&W single actions. The cycling of the hammer has always engaged the cylinder bolt on my single action top breaks; 32's, 38's and 44's. But why not be a man and use one hand duelist style. Time is precious, why rush a good thing. Top breaks are not gamer guns. Slow down, breathe the smoke, enjoy.
Life is short enough. ;D
"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"  -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Driftwood Johnson

• Driftwood Johnson
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 09:30:15 PM »
Actually no. You can thumb slip S&W single actions. The cycling of the hammer has always engaged the cylinder bolt on my single action top breaks; 32's, 38's and 44's.

Howdy

I dunno about your single action Top Breaks, but my Schofield, Russian, and New Model Number Three cannot be slip hammered. The trigger MUST be released or you cannot pull back the hammer. I was shooting my New Model #3 in a match a couple of weeks ago and I forgot. Just a teeny bit of pressure on the trigger prevented me from cocking the hammer.

S&W large fame Top Breaks were always like that. The bolt is actuated by the trigger, not the hammer. Happy Trails used to do a modification so the hammer actuated the bolt, then they could be slip hammered. But he is retired now.
That’s bad business! How long do you think I’d stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he’d pay me that much to stop robbing him, I’d stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com