Author Topic: Recently completed flap holsters for my wife's Ruger Bearcat.  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Tallbald

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Recently completed flap holsters for my wife's Ruger Bearcat.
« on: February 12, 2017, 03:19:19 PM »
Hello all. I don't visit as often as in the past because so much of what I craft falls outside the Old West guidelines. But I wanted to share a recently finished holster (two really) for the Ruger Bearcat. Inspired by my own loving spouse Miss Penny's need for a holster for her Bearcat, I did modify my design profile a bit to accommodate the tiny revolver which oddly, served well as several family member's gun when completing their Kentucky CCW course several years back!
I've said before that I love flap holsters, myself viewing them as classics and the most functional holster design for hiking and such (personal opinion only). 7-8 ounce Hermann Oak veg tanned, Fiebing's dip dyed, Lexol conditioner, and Resolene topcoat with a buffed Fiebing's Carnuba Wax Creme final. I almost always double row stitch the bucket and follow through for visual balance with stitching around the flap and copper rivets are a must for historical appearance and because I overbuild most things I craft. Made a left hand version to offer "out there" also because in my family experience southpaws among us are under served in the marketplace! Thanks for looking. I am going to post a question about edgers elsewhere. I've become frustrated fussing with my currently used specimen and hope for some help. Don Sterchi

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: Recently completed flap holsters for my wife's Ruger Bearcat.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 04:32:26 PM »
Good to see you on the forum, Tallbald. I really like the Bearcat pistols and it's nice to see those flap holsters for one. Thanks for sharing these with us. How cool is it to have one of those to use to get your CCW.

I read somewhere that the Bearcat was based on the Remington New Model Army, a fine design.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com