Author Topic: February 2017,The begining of Cawfee,Tea and short stacks.  (Read 40955 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: February 2017,The begining of Cawfee,Tea and short stacks.
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2017, 10:32:07 AM »
My last chicken house project
WARNING; there is adult language on this site.

http://www.hardcorehomesteading.com/index.php?topic=264.msg2229#new
Mathew 5.9

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2017, 08:22:40 AM »
My last chicken house project
WARNING; there is adult language on this site.

http://www.hardcorehomesteading.com/index.php?topic=264.msg2229#new

Chucks! Now you are making me blush.  ;D

Howdy litl rooster! Good to see you are still above ground.  ;D

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2017, 10:40:36 AM »
Stuff is hot and ready.

Got everything straightened out with the home phone and cell phone (my wireless provider accidently gave my new cell the phone number of my home phone, they were supposed to transfer my old cell phone number to the smart phone).  Had to answer incoming home phone call on my wireless for a a day or two.  Everything is squared away now.

This morning is starting out cold and sunny at 30 heading for a high of 40.  We start a week long warming to day with a goal of highs near 50 by next Monday.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Advertising

« Reply #123 on: Today at 09:36:36 AM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2017, 11:20:45 AM »
Chucks! Now you are making me blush.  ;D

Howdy litl rooster! Good to see you are still above ground.  ;D

I praise the lord each day, i view the earth, from earth.

Rusty- i think you maybe the only person i know that has a house phone these days.

Just for kicks get a rotory dial phone and ask a grandchild to call someone on it. It like pushing a slinky down the steps.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2017, 02:23:10 PM »

Rusty- i think you maybe the only person i know that has a house phone these days.

Just for kicks get a rotory dial phone and ask a grandchild to call someone on it. It like pushing a slinky down the steps.

I have one of those (dial-in-handset phone, not grandkid).  I's' in a spare bedroom to answer incoming calls only.  Have another of the same mode, but with a touchtone dial that gives me emergency access if the power goes out and all the wireless base stations quit working.  The home phone doesn't cost that much, and I don't have to worry about using up wireless cell phone minutes.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2017, 04:02:58 PM »

Hey! Hey! Hey! I still have an house fone. And with a rotary dial to boot, it's been like that for 48 years. And it's gonna stay like that.  ;D I have also a cell phone. ::)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2017, 07:16:44 PM »
Ours is free with the package, handy for finding a missing cell phone.  Few people have the number and no answering machine.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2017, 07:24:42 PM »
I still have a home phone, cell service is on and off here at the house(mostly off). Wish I could get rid of it, the cost keeps creeping up. It's not really the basic cost for the service , but all the "Taxes and fees" that add up to more than the service. I think rotary won't work here anymore. When I moved into this area30 years ago, I had a party line. and then when they finally got rid of those, we still couldn't call out of town without going through the operator.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2017, 09:52:25 PM »
Evening all.  I'll heat the coffee for the late watch. ::)

Did a lot of traveling today.  Had to take my mom back to the dentist today to get her tooth looked at again.  Hopefully she got that straightened out. 
Right after getting home from that, I grabbed a PB and J and got back in the car to go to the city for my own dentist appointment.  Managed to get a quick trip to one of the big gun stores down there.  Nothing I couldn't live without, though a Swedish Mauser in 8mm was calling to me.  $385, plus taxes and fees.  :-\

back to work tomorrow monring.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2017, 09:54:50 PM »
By the way, I still have a house phone.  One cordless, and one made in 1993 that was a gift to my parents for their anniversary.  ::)

The county still has a party line in south county, too.  One of the small towns actually had an original telephone from around 1910.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2017, 10:54:18 PM »
Good afternoon, Gents, I thank'ee for the cuppajoe, my day just getting started, since I slept past noon; must'a been tired, or something.

We, too, have a "house phone", sort of a knee jerk thing, would feel disconnected without it, but for the most part, it is only a nod to being older; it is served by cable rather than the direct wire telephone system, so when the power fails, so does the phone.  We can't justify the use of two separate utilities, and the phone company only offers tv service through satellite.  Our cell phones have become our primary means of communication.

Back in the early eighties, I was a Webelos Den Leader in the Boy Scouts, and had twelve ten year olds to wrangle.  One weekend, I had to work on Saturday (a more common situation than I liked) so one of the boy's dad took on a crafty project for the kids at his gaage.  I stopped i after I got off to see how things were going, and helped finish up.  Since a few of the boys lived on my street or an adjoining one, I said I would take them home, and told them to call their folks to let them know.  Augie had a desk phone in the garage, a standard rotary dial piece, and I noticed one of my boys walked over to it, picked up the handpiece and looked at it, looked at the desk piece, hung it up, looked around kind of confused.  He picked up the handpiece again, and poked at the dial, but didn't turn it, and was just generally confounded by that phone.  I finally went over and showed him how it worked, and he made the call.  Now, his sister was my older son's girlfriend ----------------

----- (I started thjis at 1400, and it is now 2050, sort of got sidetracked)  Well, eldest son and girlfriend are now married (25 years, my gawd) and that little Webelos is now one of my extended family kids, arguably the most accomplished and successful one of the bunch - he is now a highly respected Pediatric Anesthesiologist with a practice that covers most of Southern California.  When he got his MD, I told him I would not tell folks of his telephone adventure any more ----- but I lied.   ;D ;D ;D
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com