Author Topic: Eagle Grips? - Again  (Read 5197 times)

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Eagle Grips? - Again
« on: January 13, 2017, 08:53:45 PM »
 Last  month I posted a question regarding USFA's "eagle grips," those similar to the ones currently issued by Colt.  I didn't receive any replies here on the board but I did get a PM from none other that GaryG, who informed me of the following:

"They were still in inventory when I started there in 2005 but were not used on any US made gun.  The eagle grips were actually Colt grips.  The pony was machined off and the US machined in.  You'll note the US logo on the eagle grips is at a slight angle because the pony was at a slight angle.  The inside of the grips says Colt MFG  Htfd CT.  This was scratched out when fitted the grip was fitted."

It would seem that these USFA "eagle grips" have become somewhat of a rarity today.  I know that USFA had to stop using them as the result of a threat of litigation from Colt over "trade dress" issues but my question still survives.  When, what years, and for how long, did USFA issue these grips.
Any information that any of you might have will be greatly appreciated.  I need this information so that I can pass it along to a very dear friend, and fellow USFA owner.  Again, any information/thoughts that you might have could be of help.
Sincerely,
CJF
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: Eagle Grips? - Again
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 06:12:40 PM »
Really?  No one here on the forum (other than GaryG) knows anything at all about the USFA "hard rubber" (Plastic) grips with the Colt eagle?  Surely someone, other than myself, has seen these.  Are they really all that rare?  Over 600 "views" of this topic an no one has anything to say?
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com