Author Topic: Best 12Ga Shell for SASS matches  (Read 17618 times)

Offline rickk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Best 12Ga Shell for SASS matches
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2017, 11:53:40 AM »
I acquire whatever I can as cheap or as free as I can. I cut the star crimp off, load with a BP load, roll crimp, shoot and toss in to the trash.

Sometimes Ballistic Products has once fired stuff for 3-4 cents a hull.

Offline Stopsign32v

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2017, 09:15:40 AM »
I just got 100 of the Nitro 27s, possibly over purchased there... Anyways can they be reused numerous times with BP if used the cut/glued method?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2017, 06:57:21 AM »
AA's hulls, wiped with a little bit of silicon based furniture polish before match. STS's work, if your reloading don't buy any you'll find all you need in the trash at any good gun range.  Brass are for cool factor only, not really pc and do take a bit more to load. They are also finicky if different shotguns are used.  WARNING! Then there is the primer issue, i have personally had two or three spark off while setting them. Never had a 209 set off while loading them traditionally.  
My favorite to load is a paper hull with a rolled crimp.

Dick's sporting goods used to give a discount in the case (250 rounds) of AA's .
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:23:49 AM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2017, 10:13:32 AM »
Brass Hulls for cool factor only???  Harrumpff!!  My Brass hulls load in ALL my double guns without problems unless some hammhock steps on one.  Primers don't "spark off" when seated correctly.  Brass hulls are slow to load (in the gun).  I don't expect to win any "Speed Shotgun" awards with All Brass hulls.  Oh, almost forgot, a belt full of All Brass hulls is very very KOOL!!

PS:  In my case, I'm too old and slow too be reaching for the Brass Ring.  Therefore, looking very KOOL while not catching the Brass Ring is very important.  Big 'Ol Brass Hulls contribute as much as the Goggles on my HAT   ::)

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2017, 05:37:40 PM »
And you can get a LOT more stuffin in a brassie.
wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2017, 08:27:08 PM »

Brass Hulls for cool factor only??? Harrumpff!!  My Brass hulls load in ALL my double guns without problems unless some hammhock steps on one.  Primers don't "spark off" when seated correctly.  Brass hulls are slow to load (in the gun).  I don't expect to win any "Speed Shotgun" awards with All Brass hulls.  Oh, almost forgot, a belt full of All Brass hulls is very very KOOL!!

PS:  In my case, I'm too old and slow too be reaching for the Brass Ring.  Therefore, looking very KOOL while not catching the Brass Ring is very important.  Big 'Ol Brass Hulls contribute as much as the Goggles on my HAT   ::)

Yep cool only!

And you can get a LOT more stuffin in a brassie.
wM1

You are right about more stuff. I am more than guilty of that.

I would never lead someone i don't know to begin loading them. There is way too much to learn first.  But if you want i will leave here for ever..
Mathew 5.9

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2017, 09:20:56 PM »
Why would you wanna do dat??  Don't sell your saddle yet Rooster.

Offline Roscoe

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2017, 09:50:23 AM »
Some good stuff here, but the OP was not about reloading and was answered well in the first reply. My issue with the Winchester rebate is that with purchase of a whole case, I have to go through and ruin ever box by cutting the bar code out. New boxes are 45 cents plus shipping. Yes, I can tape them up.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2017, 12:50:31 PM »
I don't understand   :o   Why would you have to remove the Bar Code from every box??

Duh.  Just figured it out.  Rebate per individual box of hulls.  Would have to cut the Bar Code out of ALL the boxes in that case.

Wonder if WW would accept the Bar Code from the Case??

Offline wildman1

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2017, 05:24:45 AM »

Yep cool only!

You are right about more stuff. I am more than guilty of that.

I would never lead someone i don't know to begin loading them. There is way too much to learn first.  But if you want i will leave here for ever..
That would not be right.
Stick around .
Maybe ya can help CM lead someone astray.
 ;)
wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline wildman1

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2017, 05:28:27 AM »
I don't understand   :o   Why would you have to remove the Bar Code from every box??

Duh.  Just figured it out.  Rebate per individual box of hulls.  Would have to cut the Bar Code out of ALL the boxes in that case.

Wonder if WW would accept the Bar Code from the Case??
No.
They used to.
I think it is because you could get a rebate from both.
But then again what do I know.
After all I read everything CM posts.
Almost.
wM1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com