Author Topic: The new Year is here.  (Read 42655 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: The new Year is here.
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2017, 01:05:57 PM »
Morning/afternoon all.

That big scary rain storm never materialized.  Instead we ended up with an inch of white stuff...and a bunch of people in the ditch. 

Russ, maybe we should switch places.  I'll solve your drought if you solve mine.  My part of California has been in a pretty decent drought for ten years.  :o  Our lake hasn't been past 60% full since 2006-7, which is interesting because it's second or third largest reservoir in the state.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2017, 04:55:49 PM »
When I moved here in ’92 you could walk across the Truckee on the large rocks in the river bed, and not get your feet wet.  New Years 1997, I was filling sand bags and trying to keep the water out of the Nevada Bell cable vaults on 1st street downtown (that’s one block from the river).  The water was up to top of the parking meters outside the building.  Then nothing but below normal precip. until 2005 (luckily I was retired by the, so no sand bagging).  Again no major precip. until now.  This one is expected to possibly be worse than 1955 (the flood of floods around here).  They have already closed the Washoe County schools for Monday.  We shall see!  Still no sn*w, and very little rain.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2017, 05:36:31 PM »
Happy New Year....that little dog missing since New years eve .... found her way home...
"SHE" that shall be obeyed, is ecstatic  :D

Dirty, a small divot of hair to the hide ( I assume where she squeeze under the gate ) minor scratch ....otherwise none the worse for a week to the day/hour missing.

Happy Happy for my wife ....
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 10:40:31 AM »

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2017, 05:49:37 PM »
Glad she made her way home, with only dirt and a scratch!
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2017, 08:25:44 PM »
Every one of those years mirrors us exactly. :o  Though, the 1955 was a little before my time. ::)  '95 too, technically...

Light rain today, most of the day.  still white stuff around, though we may not be traveling to the city tomorrow for church if the precip continues.  Don't want to get stuck down there the day before school starts.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2017, 07:07:15 AM »
Coldest day of the year for us , is 36 out here in ranch cow hunting country.

Twaz an elec. blanket night.  Heat for this abode is reverse cycle air cond.  we use it but not often... 

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2017, 08:26:57 AM »
Supposed to get above freezing here today. Maybe our high will exceed M2s low temp. Probably won't get rid of all traces of the E.W.S., though.

Gun show yesterday, nothing much I couldn't resist. Bought some ammo, .380, 6.5 Carcano, 7.5 French. And- ta da! a box of .22-525 rounds, Remington, $35. Still seems too high to me, but the cheapest I have personally seen in years.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2017, 09:27:10 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis -4 and sunny. High of 11.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2017, 10:34:25 AM »
Morning all.

Gully washer hit last night.  Temperature decided to jump from freezing to about 40 around midnight.  That changed the white stuff falling to rain... 1 1/2 inches since midnight.  It's 8:30 right now :o

PE, count yourself lucky.  In my part of the world, my mom and grandma had to tag team it to get 300 rounds, and paid a grand total of $45. 

--TK

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2017, 11:59:14 AM »
No gully washers here, just a steady rainfall since about 2:00.  Suppose to keep this up all day and into the night, then turn to snow around 4:00 tomorrow morning.
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2017, 01:36:27 PM »
25F here.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2017, 06:14:06 PM »

PE, count yourself lucky.  In my part of the world, my mom and grandma had to tag team it to get 300 rounds, and paid a grand total of $45. 

--TK
TK, around here, everyone except Wally World has .22s, if you want to pay $5+- for 50. I stopped by the relatively new Dick's Sporting Goods while I was wandering around town, they had 325 count boxes of Federals for about $29, but that's still higher than the gun show. They had a shelf full of .380, too, but for about $5-6 more than the 16.99 I paid at the show.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2017, 09:57:08 PM »
Here ya go, TK:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/234289/cci-mini-mag-high-velocity-ammunition-22-long-rifle-troy-landry-special-edition-36-grain-plated-lead-hollow-point-box-of-300?cm_mmc=pe_weekly-_-hotbuy-_-cci_22_troy_landry-_-20170108

Of course, there will be S&H charges, that is IF they can even send them to CA.

I don't think they can.   >:(  Hence my attempting to leave said state.

Rain stopped for a while, but is picking back up.  Expecting white stuff in the morning.

--TK

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2017, 05:49:36 AM »
$28 for 555 Federal , $18 for 333 that's just tad over 5 cents a round ... here in town....and I see no shortage ...
They still impose a 1 box limit per person though....
I got Federal Eagle 5.56 in a 180 can count for $52 (34 cents rd) and no limit .....
Tulammo 5.56 (steel case) is about  24 cents a round ) @ $238.00 a 1000rd.

45LC cowboy, in limited amounts though is $38 for 50 rds. ( only 2 boxes in the shelf in stock)

9mm & 38 special is $18 for 50

didn't see any 44 Special , Russian , did see some Magnum

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2017, 07:05:46 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

1/2" of white over night.

'Tis 15 and overcast. "Cloudy. A chance of flurries in the morning...Then light snow likely in the afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Highs in the middle 20s. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2017, 07:26:34 AM »
Morning all.

It's around 35 outside, and enough rain to fill all of the creeks with muddy water.  White stuff at around 6500 feet.

Spent most of my evening doing "Employee awareness training."  It was all online and video stuff that took two hours to get through.  It's like the producers of these things expect a kindergarten class to be learning about Integrated Pest Management, HIV and Sexual Harassment. 

"Here we have a mouse.  Do you know what is bad about mice inside a school?"
Seriously?

The saddest part is, I had to sign a waiver before starting to certify that I was an adult and that the county isn't responsible for any "emotional stresses" I might develop from watching about quid pro quo harassment.  :-\  But I made almost $30 from the training, so I have that going for me.

--TK

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2017, 06:25:16 PM »
Morning all.

It's around 35 outside, and enough rain to fill all of the creeks with muddy water.  White stuff at around 6500 feet.

Spent most of my evening doing "Employee awareness training."  It was all online and video stuff that took two hours to get through.  It's like the producers of these things expect a kindergarten class to be learning about Integrated Pest Management, HIV and Sexual Harassment. 

"Here we have a mouse.  Do you know what is bad about mice inside a school?"
Seriously?

The saddest part is, I had to sign a waiver before starting to certify that I was an adult and that the county isn't responsible for any "emotional stresses" I might develop from watching about quid pro quo harassment.  :-\  But I made almost $30 from the training, so I have that going for me.

--TK
That sounds like lots of fun.  ::)

Started 'bout 16:00. 3"-6" of white fluff by tomorrow night.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2017, 07:46:02 PM »
Evening all.

I'll warm some coffee and beans over. 

Planning on heading up a mountain tomorrow with my new camera.  I might post the video too.  ::)

And the big news.  By all appearances, I should be getting a 1968 Ruger M77 in 30-06, complete with a hard locking case, sling and scope mounts/rings.  All for $530.  I'm pretty excited since the only other rifle like that I've seen was a '71 in 270 for $700. (That doesn't count the 243 I traded for. ::)  )     ;D

--TK

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2017, 10:14:42 PM »
Sourdough sinner-mon rolls in the oven, the new starter is vicious.  Not a lot slower working than regular yeast.  Started about 2 made shatter, let it work, made a sponge and let it work, made dough and let it work, formed them and that rise took just over an hour.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com