Author Topic: Most authentic,,toggle links????  (Read 2951 times)

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
Most authentic,,toggle links????
« on: December 16, 2016, 12:05:16 PM »
 I know this is in reference to a old topic"( DEC.-09-2007). Mr. Grizzly Adams,,showed (beautiful) pictures of new "Uberti& a 120 yr. old Winchester links". On reply # 20,,Fox Fire Kid ask" which of the two uberti or chaparral ,, is more authentic",,,since I had my chappie,, apart,,,I looked ,I think chaparral has got it pretty close.

Hootmix.

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Re: Most authentic,,toggle links????
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 04:23:47 PM »
 Hey Shamfire , cant say if one brand or the other is more authentic , but can tell you this . Have been shooting my 76 Chaparral some and after shooting took it down for a good cleaning. Well the 1876 Winchester that is being built was on the bench , so i removed the side covers and toggle's then droped in the toggle's and side covers and the Winchester 1876 cycled just fine. It would even cycle with one original toggle and one Chaparral toggle working as a pair. Did notice the screw threads are the correct or same as the Winchester  also. ,,,DT

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 05:00:50 PM »
 Hey, Dusty ,,talked to a feller the other day ,,said he has two new pair toggle links for our 76's ,,at $255.00 a set!!!Just thinking about some back-up spare's,,what ya' think,,about price??

smoke um if ya' got'm,,Hootmix.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:58:34 PM »

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 05:33:53 PM »
Are the toggles Chaparral made? If they are , i may be interested in one pair.  ..DT

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 06:52:57 PM »
No sir ,,the feller said they were win. copy's,,,Now I know some foks make ( and with good cause) fun at our chappies,,but it's the only ( or closest) copy to the origl's. My 40/60 will(now) feed any thing from 2.225--2.248 OAL . I used some JB Weld in the lower right hand corner of the lifter block,,to roll the case's to the left( had to file the JB down a little at a time )  NO hang up from the rd'. turning sideway's.

Just let me know about the links,,i'll find the feller's # and pm you.Cause I want a set myself ( been just a little short).

Hootmix.

Offline dusty texian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 07:07:17 PM »
Yes indeed ! ,,,DT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com