Author Topic: December Coffee and Sn*w  (Read 36146 times)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: December Coffee and Sn*w
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2016, 06:20:20 AM »
We hit 64 last evening, then the front came through. Rained some, temps are in the upper 30's now ::) :P
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2016, 07:21:32 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Another day working on the boiler.

'Tis 19 and flurries. Colder. "Mostly cloudy. Scattered flurries in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 20s. West wind 10 to 15 mph." BTW, These are the normal temps.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2016, 07:39:59 AM »
Good morning all,

Thanks for the coffee.  It's not a new experience for me, but it never gets any more pleasant.  I spent most of the night with my head shoved under the pillow, trying to ignore the chorus of chickens.  They would not shut up!  All because they got on the roost wrong...  I mentioned that to my grandma and she said, "wait until you have grandchildren."  I'm not sure how to take that.

Anyway, I'm up at 0500, getting ready for "the grindstone."  ::)  After I'm done with that, I have tax paperwork, college paperwork, and in the evening FEMA training.  I've already taken this course twice, but it doesn't count for some reason. ???

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

« Reply #123 on: Today at 10:20:52 AM »

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2016, 08:34:52 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

The gas pipes and water pipes are done. Next is fill the system with water and check for leaks. If no leaks, connect exhaust and intake air, then connect electric and see if it works.

'Tis 18 and cloudy. High of 33.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2016, 06:41:26 AM »
35 and dark here. Supposed to get rain/snow showers later today ::)

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2016, 07:03:59 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Got the boiler connected and running. Need to purge air out of some of the lines.
Back to verk today.

'Tis 23 and cloudy. "Blustery. Partly sunny with a chance of snow showers in the morning...Then cloudy with snow showers likely in the afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the lower 30s. West wind 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent."

Slim

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2016, 07:19:13 AM »
Mornin Y'all, had to get up early to drive daughter to work,there is a chance of snow and the wife doesn't want here driving in it,She's 23,How is she supposed to learn how to drive in the evil white stuff if I chauffeur her around when it snows??? that's my rant for the day,Have a good one.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2016, 07:36:15 AM »
Morning all.

Weather is a foggy 25, with 15mph winds.  Definitely driving my sorry butt to work.  ::)

As Buck would say, I have the "keys to the kingdom" today.  I don't get anything special for going in alone, unless you count having to do twice the work in the same amount of time.  But that's why they pay me the big bucks. :P

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2016, 02:37:22 PM »
It spit a few flakes this morning and that was it. Sun's out now, but no warmer than this morning. easy day so far, my associate is burning his personal days this week, so I've got the keys to the kingdom through the weekend.

On another front,SIL's back in the hospital. Did it to herself, wouldn't eat or drink much and played pick and choose with her meds. Result, dehydrated, potassium level bottomed out, and a u-tract infection. Also drove the wife to a high BP episode,had her to the ER yesterday and follow up at the Dr.'s today. On BP meds now, and coming down slowly. She's to check it several times a week for the next month, and to call if it stays above 160 consecutively ::)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2016, 08:25:19 PM »
Who knew it's so hard to hang four flags on a pole? ???

Anyway, today was sort of interesting.  Part of the reason is, I got a new rifle. ;D  Traded my mom's Ruger 270 for an original M77 in .243.  She's wanted one (243)  for years, but hasn't bought one.  Well, now she has one.  Next is a Vortex Crossfire scope to replace the Wally world Tasco that I tossed on it.

--TK

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2016, 07:58:20 AM »
I always liked those Ruger M77s, but never owned one. Maybe because they look like a civilianized M1917.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2016, 10:37:31 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Mornin Y'all, had to get up early to drive daughter to work,there is a chance of snow and the wife doesn't want here driving in it,She's 23,How is she supposed to learn how to drive in the evil white stuff if I chauffeur her around when it snows??? that's my rant for the day,Have a good one.
My 19 y/o daughter went in the ditch after the first snow storm of this winter. It was a learning experience for her.

I always liked those Ruger M77s, but never owned one. Maybe because they look like a civilianized M1917.
The M77s don't have a dogleg bolt.  ;)

The boiler auto purged by the time I got home from verk last night. But, I woke at 01:30ish to a cool house. messed with it for 3 hours before plugging in space heaters and went back to sleep. At 07:45, I called the heating company where I bought the boiler. The tech walked me thru to get it heating again. It was setting that needed to be changed for the way I have to zones wired. So, we have heat again from the boiler. The owner of the heating company, wife's cousin, was surprised I got it hooked up already.

Leaving this afternoon for MN for the weekend.

'Tis 20 and cloudy. High 23.

Slim

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 416
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2016, 11:35:31 AM »
Pulling plug on 2016 shorty, I'll release  the crew for some drive time and a long deserved weekend, we'll return on the 3rd.

We have  Mecum's huge Auto auction , a Boat show , Coin Collector show , Archery Trade Show, and a Surf Show and the just the first week in January.... 

Tad Chilly today may see , upper 30's by morning
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2016, 01:02:08 PM »
Had some of the ugly white stuff over night. i didn't have to plow the streets, but did have to cope with the icy walks around the club house and mail boxes. they had new carpet installed in the club house and I spent the rest of the morning putting the tables and chairs back up ::)

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2016, 05:39:18 PM »
I had a good day,Got to watch my Grand daughter.She slept a lot,woke up to eat then went back to sleep.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2016, 06:00:44 PM »
Went to an Uncle's funeral in Tecumseh Nebraska today, lived a long and good life, seen some relatives I haven't seen in a while and did some locker plant shopping and bought $40 worth of brats, ring bologna and wieners, beef sticks and the lot.  New place in Tecumseh, spotted it going in and went back, good beef sticks and got some cheese brats, you have to love it though.   ;D

Almost as good as "Joe's Meat Market, Grocery, Pharmacy and Liquor Store" in Loup City Nebraska I often hit to stock up coming back from the GAF Muster.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2016, 11:53:50 AM »
Morning all.

Yesterday was kind of weird.  My grandma didn't put the coffee pot back together right, and it shorted. :o  It's toast.  So I went out to the shed and got the percolator and started t make some coffee, but apparently she doesn't like percolated coffee.  Personally, I kind of prefer it, but don't the time in the morning.  ANyway, my mother was able to find a small electric pot and use that, but I'm still a little confused about how adamant my grandma was about that coffee. ???

In other news, I hope to go shoot that new rifle later in the afternoon.  We'll see how it does.

--TK

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2016, 01:44:38 PM »
Brats and Wieners for supper last night.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2016, 04:18:13 PM »
An afternoon cuppajoe might hit the spot, thanks.  I've sort'a been layin' low for a spell, in the doldrums; Baby Girl's mom moved to Calif. and took my Baby with her.  Actually, Bella was pretty excited to be going, but she has lived a good part of her thirteen years with us, and going off like that has left a big hole in our lives - we miss her a lot.  Cold here, relatively speaking, forties to low fifties most days, and El Nino has us getting a lot of cloudy days and some rain.

Anyhow, just thought I'd drop by and wish all of you a most happy new year.  017 has gotta be better than the past eight.

See y'all next year.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2016, 05:13:34 PM »
Del, them things look yummy ;)

Happy New Year to all of us here, may 017 be a heck of a lot better than 016 was ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com