Author Topic: December Coffee and Sn*w  (Read 36131 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: December Coffee and Sn*w
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2016, 11:59:18 AM »
OK, a bit of a funny here, the neighborhood I work in is supposed to be a rough one (not really compared to a real big city hood).
Anyway a customer locked his keys in his car with it running last night, not much I could do to help, was the only one there and had to run the registrar and such.

Well everyone coming in seemed to try and help, after an 1 1/2 hours they got it un-locked, tough neighborhood indeed. And the guy who got it open finally was the local semi-crazy guy that stands out there and has conversations with my trash can. Car owner bought him a beer and everyone was happy.

Dang, nice to belong to a closed group where I can tell stories once in a while with out it getting back to people, you guys won't tell will you?
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2016, 01:10:10 PM »
My lips is sealed,Del ;)

Family get together this evening, first time in quite a while ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2016, 04:15:58 PM »
OK, a bit of a funny here, the neighborhood I work in is supposed to be a rough one (not really compared to a real big city hood).
Anyway a customer locked his keys in his car with it running last night, not much I could do to help, was the only one there and had to run the registrar and such.

Well everyone coming in seemed to try and help, after an 1 1/2 hours they got it un-locked, tough neighborhood indeed. And the guy who got it open finally was the local semi-crazy guy that stands out there and has conversations with my trash can. Car owner bought him a beer and everyone was happy.

Dang, nice to belong to a closed group where I can tell stories once in a while with out it getting back to people, you guys won't tell will you?
I ain't sayin' nothin'. ;)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 10:32:53 AM »

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2016, 04:19:13 PM »
Your story is safe with me.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2016, 09:12:40 PM »

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2016, 09:15:51 PM »
Guess it was a successful day, cut some wood, didn't cut me. Rode the Harley, didn't freeze. Shot the LCP some more, no malfunctions at all, shot my M-39 S&W, same results.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2016, 08:31:54 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Got the new boiler hung/mounted.

'Tis 28 and overcast. "Cloudy. A chance of light snow...Drizzle and freezing drizzle in the morning. Then light rain and freezing rain likely in the afternoon. Light snow also possible in the afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the middle 30s. East wind 10 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 35 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2016, 08:35:14 AM »
Merry Christmas!
Slim

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #108 on: December 25, 2016, 08:48:28 AM »
Indeed, a Very

MERRY CHRISTMAS

To you all   :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2016, 12:41:59 PM »
God bless us, every one ;)

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2016, 04:21:06 PM »
Church was canceled 'cuz of icy roads. Had freezing rain early this morn. 'Tis raining now.  ::)

Slim

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2016, 09:54:06 PM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS [/b]

Sunny and 75 here today
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2016, 01:32:33 AM »
I'm home eating my Christmas dinner finally, were about the only place open Worked 4-12 on the registrar, was the only one there from 5-12, did around $2700 in safe drops of cash, around $3500 total at the registrar (don't count credit cards at the pump) waited on 457 customers.  (Some were more than once though but that many cycles of it.)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2016, 08:57:29 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Day of working on the new boiler. Have to figure out what pipes and fittings we need. Then go get 'em.

'Tis 38, sunny and windy. "Windy. Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 30s. Temperatures falling into the upper 20s in the afternoon. Southwest wind 15 to 25 mph increasing to 25 to 35 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 45 mph."

Slim

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2016, 01:11:40 PM »
been out and back, temp is playing with 60 at the moment. Raining though. had to reshuffle the chairs in the clubhouse, people just seem to not be able to put them back the way they were. Spent some time with a hose trying to wash down the new concrete around the newest home here, was really covered with mud and sawdust. Was able to get about two thirds of it done before we were pulled off to do something else( as usual!) ::)

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: December 26, 2016, 02:17:37 PM »
Nice outside here, sunshine and I'm guessing upper 50's, low 60's.Rain went through last night, gone this morning. Did some tractor repairing, now setting some gate and corner posts for a fence rebuilding project. Got the Allis Chalmers going, but the John Deere's gonna have to go to the shop, leaking hydraulic pump. Allis seems to generate water in it's hydraulic system, had to drain and fill, then do it again, the fluid is still kind of milky looking, but I don't have any more fluid to change it again.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #116 on: December 26, 2016, 02:23:51 PM »
Afternoon all.  I've been busy, but I'm back. ::)

So, overview of my week.

My grandmother has been up, so we've been doing things.  Traveling to the city for chow, cruising the highways through the county, and looking for rocks (Grandma is a rock hound.  So am I, if you count gold as a rock.  ::)  ).  

Temperature has been down around 15 degrees at night, so there has been some ice and sn*w most days of the week, but it melts off by noon.
  We had some of the white stuff on Friday.  I had the day off from work, but nobody told me, so I showed up at work at 6:30 to find an empty office.  So I went out and played in the sn*w.  Helped a traveler chain up going over one of the summits.  Why he decide to hook a 1/2 ton 2wd truck to a 30 foot trailer and then drive over an icy mountain at 6:45 am is beyond me, but he made it.  Barely.  
A while later I went out to work on a video for YouTube in a place I go to frequently in my truck.  But, I was in my mom's 2010 Explorer, just to see how it would do.  The video was a fail (got lucky with that one, though.  A 60 foot tall pine tree fell on the 'stage' I was using while I was off gathering more supplies from the forest.), so I headed back.  
   As I was driving back down the road, I came across a patch of ice.  I was in second gear, going about 10 mph but the car broke traction.  I tapped the brakes like I would in my truck, but with the ABS system, I didn't get much more than a light on the dash.  By then, I was off of the ice and back in 1 inch of sn*w over good gravel.  So I tried to lock the brakes and get traction from the gravel, like I would do in my truck.  But, the ABS and traction control said no.  The driver side of the car slowed down, while the passenger side hit the go juice and tossed me into a spin...and off the side of the road.  :o
    No major damage to the car: just a cracked plastic bumper and little dent in the hood that I fixed.  Had to use my truck to pull the car out, but that worked and everyone is happy.  I don't think I'll ever live it down, though my dad did almost the same thing on the way back home.   ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: December 26, 2016, 07:32:20 PM »
Good progress on the boiler. Had to go to Fleet Farm for pipe and fittings. Just shy of $100.  :o Hope to finish tomorrow.

Slim

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2016, 10:38:43 PM »
Back to work tomorrow, It will be light week though.
I'm expecting my order for Graf & Son ( Holy Black, percussion  caps & some Trail Boss ) or I might have just called in  ::).

Spent today rearranging furniture for the war dept.,  "SHE" (we) got a new bedroom set,  My back is toast  :(

Guesser's say 80° high 62° & some Thunderstorms tomorrow.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2016, 05:55:34 AM »
Back to w*rk for me today, too. But a short week, going to do 2 days, then a long weekend for the new year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com