Author Topic: December Coffee and Sn*w  (Read 36134 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: December Coffee and Sn*w
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2016, 11:44:18 AM »
Morning all.

cloudy here, 38 degrees.  Supposed to get to 45, with more rain.

Was supposed to have a search and rescue training today, but I never got a phone call telling me where it was supposed to be.  ???  Hard to train when you don't know where you're training.  And apparently, the only guy in the group whose phone number I have...changed it.  Was it something I said?

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2016, 12:43:09 PM »
Hard to train when you don't know where you're training.  --TK

That's where the "search" part of "search and rescue" comes in!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2016, 03:55:17 PM »
Morning all.

cloudy here, 38 degrees.  Supposed to get to 45, with more rain.

Was supposed to have a search and rescue training today, but I never got a phone call telling me where it was supposed to be.  ???  Hard to train when you don't know where you're training.  And apparently, the only guy in the group whose phone number I have...changed it.  Was it something I said?

--TK

Shower more often. ;D

Not sure it sounds like an organization I'd want to depend on to find me, sounds like a clustermess. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 02:03:00 PM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2016, 07:37:46 PM »
1/4" of sn*w so far. 6+" by tomorrow night.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2016, 02:37:53 AM »
1/4" of sn*w so far. 6+" by tomorrow night.

Slim
Yuck.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2016, 09:14:35 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

1" at 05:30. 4+" now.
'Tis 19 and sn*wing. High of 26 and sn*w. The Pack plays at 15:25 in the sn*w.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2016, 05:59:45 PM »
We got 1-3" depending on where you're at. Just got done spreading 21 80lb. bags of salt on the streets. This was my weekend off.....well, it was. Did some cleaning yesterday and laundry today. Still have towels to fold and the clean up from the chili I made. Sorry Del, it did have beans in it ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2016, 06:48:20 PM »
Ended up getting 4.5".

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2016, 07:50:19 PM »
Night pot on the coals.

Had a trip to the city today for church.  It was cloudy both places.  :-\

I just got home from the annual Christmas concert, though this time I was in the audience instead of the stage.  It's definitely a different experience.

2" of white stuff forecast for tonight, though they say it'll be gone by noon.  Saves me the shoveling. ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2016, 07:03:53 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 16 and overcast. High of 20.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2016, 10:30:16 AM »
I'll put another log on the fire and toss the water on a pot.  Breakfast is oat granola stuff, heated up with milk.  Normally, I'd call it oatmeal with raisins, but since i paid more money for it, I might as well call it something else. ::)

Today is my last day of non-working status.  Tomorrow at 6:30 am, I begin life as a janitor, starting with mopping the bathrooms. ::)  At least I have good hours.  6:30-8am, M-F.

We're under a floor warning right now.  It's supposed to start raining around noon today, and not quit until Saturday.  SOme places are forecast for up to 9" of rain and 24 " of white stuff.

--TK

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2016, 11:44:38 AM »
Don't matter, it's just gruel.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2016, 01:43:14 PM »
Don't matter, it's just gruel.

Pretty much.   ::)

Lunch was better.  Homemade Bread and elderberry jelly.  The bread was NOT gluten free, sugar free or vegan.  The Elderberries were harvested from the wilds of the Trinity Alps, on a trip that also produced a squirrel stew that was shot with lead shot.     ::)

--TK

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2016, 02:27:38 PM »
MMmmmMMM...squirrel stew!  The last time I can remember having squirrel was in 1985...it was squirrel, dumplings (made from biscuit dough) and #7-1/2 shot!  ;D
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2016, 06:45:53 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Picked up the new house boiler last night. Reading the install manual to figure out what parts I need.

'Tis 1 and moony. "Blustery. Partly cloudy. Some blowing and drifting snow. Highs around 10 above zero. West wind 15 to 25 mph. Wind chills to 15 below zero."

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2016, 07:21:29 AM »
I find it sad that you have to delineate between above and below zero. ::)

Morning all.

First day at the new job.  It's so special I even get a ride to work.  ::)  Don't get one tomorrow, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.  I have to wait until January before I can resume transporting myself vehicularly, since that is when I get my first check and can afford to fix my truck.  Power steering went out.

It has rained non-stop since 3 o'clock ish yesterday, and doesn't shot any signs of stopping.

--TK

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2016, 03:37:46 PM »
We actually had some sun here. Didn't help the temps any,though. Had to shovel all the wake around the barn /club house this morning, about froze my tookis off ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2016, 07:41:30 AM »
Coffee's on.  I'll even toss in a couple of eggs, too.  They just came out of the chicken yesterday.

Headed to work in an hour.  Today I get to mop half the building.  Ought to be interesting.

Weather is holding a steady rain.  GOt a little white stuff in the hills up high last night, but nothing to worry me too much.  The creeks are all pretty high, and I can hear rocks rolling in one that flows by the place I work. :o
The weather also caused a double rock slide as well.   One has the road totally shut down until the rain stops because it's still active and would take any workers with it into the river.  It also has a rock bigger than a semi trailer blocking both lanes, so explosives could become a thing there.
The other is closer to town, but it still has on lane blocked.  It took them over 16 hours to open it up, and that with a bulldozer.

--TK

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2016, 07:44:15 AM »
Here's a video clip of the bigger slide.  It gets interesting around 1 minute in.  Note the full size tractor in the right bottom corner.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E0iqU4c1Whk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

--TK

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2016, 09:23:06 PM »
Evening y'all.
Coffee is hot for the nighthawks.

'Tis 0. Low of -7. Sn*w storm beta starts tomorrow.

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com