Author Topic: December Coffee and Sn*w  (Read 36135 times)

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: December Coffee and Sn*w
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2016, 02:47:49 PM »
first two days of the WI recount netted Trump two more votes.  ::)

Slim
Maybe if they recount all the states, then he can win the popular vote, too.....

Cool cloudy and damp right now. Tired now, was our churches holiday dinner today, church bought 3 turkeys, 2 whole hams and 3 spiral cut ones. I brought one whole one home to cook, started it at 4AM, cooked till 9:30. Also cooked a couple quarts of green beans and a pan of candied sweet taters, had to cook that in the gas grill. Wife made a couple of Philippine dishes. Feel like a nap. Kitchen looks like a tornado hit it. Maybe the nap comes first...

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2016, 07:45:36 PM »
Three hours for a nap-no kitchen elves came to clean up as we slept. two hours of cleaning by both of us-done. In addition to the church feast, Wife went to a party with the local Philippine crowd Saturday, then joined me at another party in the evening. Cooking was involved for al three, hence the kitchen apocalypse. Have to go to w**k tomorrow just to get some rest.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 01:14:18 AM »
Fun and games tonight about 5 pm, lady filled her car, came back in after paying in a panic and said gas was leaking out of her car.  Looked out, yep a puddle about 3 foot around.  Got to push the big red button, called dispatch they sent a big red truck.  Co-worker got on the line with the HELP line in Kansas, then called the boss. 

I put on the nice bright green vest and grabbed the fire extinguisher and shooed people away,  FD got there, told them it was their's now, went in and helped Gail wait on people.  Filler neck was the problem, it quit, she got the ok to move it, FD left, Gail got back on the phone, with Kansas, they got us back on-line, she took kittly litter out, cleaned up the mess and between us we kept the line inside moving. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 06:03:07 PM »

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2016, 04:07:43 PM »
Afternoon good people of the internet.

Spent the night out in the woods. It got down to 20 degrees, with 20 mph winds and eventual sn*w, to about 1/2 inch accumulation.

I'm almost thawed out after three cups of coffee, some oatmeal and a nap.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2016, 06:01:49 PM »
Rained all day here, temps stayed in upper 30's early 40's. Only got a couple hours in today. For some reason I'm chilling tonight, can't seem to get warm.

Del, that problem could've led to a real hot, possibly explosive time! Glad it got resolved safely :o ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 09:31:26 PM »
So tonight there was water shooting out of the island up the street, called dispatch again, someone came and fixed it,no idea who. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2016, 07:08:23 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 18, overcast and windy. High of 23.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 07:49:30 PM »
Evening all.  Got water on the fire, and beans cookin'. ::)

Had a job interview this morning.  Went in, the interview was over in 15 minutes and I figured that with it so short, I wasn't going to get it.  Went to the local gun store, chatted a while, then came home.  I had just sat down to lunch when I got a call to inform me that I got the job.  :o
Went back down to the place, filled out a bunch of paperwork, got fingerprinted etc.  Tomorrow I'm going to the city for a pre-employment physical and a drug screening.  Then I should start work on the 19th.  Not a bad gig.

Walking back from the sheriff's dept.  where I got my fingerprints taken, and it started to drop the white stuff on me.  When I was walking home, it started really coming down.  Now we have almost two inches.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 07:52:23 PM »
Evening all.  Got water on the fire, and beans cookin'. ::)

Had a job interview this morning.  Went in, the interview was over in 15 minutes and I figured that with it so short, I wasn't going to get it.  Went to the local gun store, chatted a while, then came home.  I had just sat down to lunch when I got a call to inform me that I got the job.  :o
Went back down to the place, filled out a bunch of paperwork, got fingerprinted etc.  Tomorrow I'm going to the city for a pre-employment physical and a drug screening.  Then I should start work on the 19th.  Not a bad gig.

Walking back from the sheriff's dept.  where I got my fingerprints taken, and it started to drop the white stuff on me.  When I was walking home, it started really coming down.  Now we have almost two inches.

--TK
What is the job?

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2016, 07:10:30 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 16, overcast and windy. "Cloudy with scattered snow showers. Highs in the upper 20s. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent."

Slim

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2016, 07:30:51 AM »
 Had an appointment with which doctor yesterday...
Yep,  I spelled that correctly "which doctor "  ::)
routine prescription look see  ...never see the same Doc or PA or seldom the same nurse twice...
Dr. Link  owns the practice , that has two location for " my " convenience  as it were    :-\
Yeah,  the missing link  have yet to see her ever !   
this time it was Dr. Duncan (PA ) , never seen her before ,   some guy (PA) before that... Dr. Sarah Lemaster  before that, a year ago.
Back in the days,  I had Dr. Nystrum and had some rapport.   

I have found where Dr. Nystrum has joined another (partnered)  practice and I will reacquaint myself ( my Wife already has ) to that location.

I'm over, seeing a new yahoo every 6 months , and answer the same questions , the same ones they have on my chart !  time & time again.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2016, 09:46:43 AM »
Could be worse, Major.  It could have been a colonoscopy appointment. :o ::)

Morning all.  We have about 5 inches of the white stuff on the ground.  Loosely translated, that means, "Quick! Everyone drive into the ditch!"  Didn't get called for any Search and Rescue operations, but considering the cold I'm not upset about that.  ::)
Leaving for the city at 9:30 for doctor stuff.  The whole "turn your head and cough" deal.

Slim, it's entry level at the county Office of Education.  Technically "Custodian I."   $14.76/hour, working 8 hours a week.  Not a bad set up, though I question why it's 76 cents versus 75.

--TK

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2016, 06:24:36 PM »
Not bad for an entry level position, TK.

Happy birthday, Del!
Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2016, 07:04:43 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 17 and clear. High of 21.

Slim

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2016, 07:15:06 AM »
Burrr....Thanks for the coffee!
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2016, 11:03:03 AM »
53 degrees right now noon Friday...and getting cooler...
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2016, 11:48:11 AM »
Good Day all.

The white stuff has mostly melted away in this part of the world.  Now we can start pulling more city slickers out of the ditches  ::)

Had an interesting occurrence yesterday.  Apparently a propane delivery driver didn't shut off the valve on the truck all the way, so he drove through town spewing liquid propane around.  Fortunately, nobody behind him tried to light a smoke.  :o

Now off to sign more paperwork.

--TK

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2016, 12:33:40 PM »
Didn't stay liquid long.   ;D

Radio said it was 0 this morning.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2016, 02:31:30 PM »
We was in the low 20's this morning with about a half inch of the evil white stuff. took a broom to the drive, then went out early with my associate and proceeded to spread 35 80lb. bags of salt on the streets of this manufactured housing community. We have some fairly steep hills here and it don't take much for folks to get to slippy-sliding on them if they're not careful( imagine that!) ::) :o :-\

Oh, yeah, happy Birthday a day late you grumpy old cosie! ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2016, 11:20:17 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 15 and sunny. High of 17. Sn*w starting tonight.

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com