Author Topic: Shortening 1858 Remington Reproduction Barrel  (Read 4752 times)

Offline Tater Peale

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shortening 1858 Remington Reproduction Barrel
« on: November 22, 2016, 05:37:40 AM »
 Gentlemen,

I'm in the process of  gathering up the guns I  will need to shoot SASS matches. My plan is to use 58 Remington conversions for the pistols, not conversion cylinders but factory conversions. I went with the 58 as I have had a moderate amount of experience with the C & B ones and they fit my hand and shooting style and we all know black powder is the only true powder. Plus they are so much prettier than those four letter guns.   ;D Any way I plan to use the 5.5" versions but I have recently come across one which I may be able to get for a good price that is an 8" barrel that came from Longhunters shop. I was wondering how difficult it would be to locate a gunsmith to convert it into a 5.5", and a rough estimate on the cost. Some of my reasons for wanting to shorten it is I think it would point better plus my wife wants to shoot some as well with it untilshe decides what guns she wats and the shorter barrel would lighten it up. Finally after looking at a bunch of different holsters the selection for an 8" is very limited. I realize that I could have pretty much anything I decided on custom made but don't want to spend that kind of money until I have settled on exactly what I want in both guns and holsters. I have seen Bottom Dealing Mike's video of the Remington he shortened and I'm not quite comfortable with my ability to do it.  I'm not dead set on having to shorten it but think I would prefer it. So any advise would be appreciated. I also posted this in the Dark Den so if I wasn't supposed to post it in two places Mr. Moderater please remove one.

Tater Peale

I mean to kill you in one minute,  Ned, or see you hang in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which will it be.----Deputy U.S. Marshal  Heck Thomas

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Shortening 1858 Remington Reproduction Barrel
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 12:01:15 PM »
Hi Tater.

I posted and answer to your post up in the Dark Siders Den.

Coffinmaker

Offline Tater Peale

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 02:24:06 PM »
Thanks Coffin I replied there as well. Would delete this one but don't know how.

Tater Peale

I mean to kill you in one minute,  Ned, or see you hang in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which will it be.----Deputy U.S. Marshal  Heck Thomas

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:44:57 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com