Author Topic: 2017 convention  (Read 26118 times)

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 53
Re: 2017 convention
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 04:06:29 PM »
Good to hear you're coming Will. Everything is going well in the planning, we are going to have several more vendors
than last year. I talked with the conv. & vis bureau yesterday about them helping with advertising, they want us
to go on a local variety TV show possibly on the Thurs. afternoon before. Also I have been putting out flyers.
The biggest mistake I made last year was not getting with them right away, so this year we started the day after
last years convention. They have a lot of clout with the TV radio, and newspapers. And best of all it's all free

BTB
Born 110 years too late

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2017, 04:26:53 PM »
Thanks to you, Bear Tooth Billy, Johnny Saffron and all the rest putting your best effort forward.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline OklaTom

• NCOWS Judge, NCOWS Life 172, GAF 719, SASS 73114, NRA Life, TSRA, Berger Sharp Shooters, Blue River Regulators, Kansas Vigilance Committee
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Bryan Buck
    • 3B Shooting Supply
  • SASS #: 73114
  • NCOWS #: L-172
  • GAF #: 719
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2017, 07:30:54 PM »
Well done Billy, Johnny, and company. See you next month.
"I druther have a pocket full of rocks than an empty gun..."

OklaTom@att.net

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:40:23 AM »

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 264
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2017, 07:53:02 AM »
As of this morning we have 25 Vendors signed up for the 2017 NCOWS Convention.

For a list of Vendors, Seminars, Schedule etc. please go to:
http://www.sweetwaterregulators.com/2017_NCOWS_Convention.html
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 08:58:49 AM »
Question for you NCOWS Convention Organizers. Can a non-member of NCOWS, but friendly to ya, come to the convention on Saturday just to browse through the 'merchandiser's' offerings and maybe meet some of you. I'm around 2.5 hrs from Davenport, but would be interested in coming for a look-see. Never have joined NCOWS due to no posse's close to my area and prior to recent retirement, it was hard to attend a Saturday shoot to the one's that were 2-3 hrs drive from home. Seemed like always catch up work to do around acreage and/or family functions (that is if I wasn't digging, pushing, or hauling dirt on Sat at work).
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline OklaTom

• NCOWS Judge, NCOWS Life 172, GAF 719, SASS 73114, NRA Life, TSRA, Berger Sharp Shooters, Blue River Regulators, Kansas Vigilance Committee
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Bryan Buck
    • 3B Shooting Supply
  • SASS #: 73114
  • NCOWS #: L-172
  • GAF #: 719
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 09:43:30 AM »
Question for you NCOWS Convention Organizers. Can a non-member of NCOWS, but friendly to ya, come to the convention on Saturday just to browse through the 'merchandiser's' offerings and maybe meet some of you. I'm around 2.5 hrs from Davenport, but would be interested in coming for a look-see. Never have joined NCOWS due to no posse's close to my area and prior to recent retirement, it was hard to attend a Saturday shoot to the one's that were 2-3 hrs drive from home. Seemed like always catch up work to do around acreage and/or family functions (that is if I wasn't digging, pushing, or hauling dirt on Sat at work).

Absolutely, Crow. We'd be happy to have you visit. Day passes are always available at the door. Look me up - I'm the Secretary and can answer any questions you might have.
"I druther have a pocket full of rocks than an empty gun..."

OklaTom@att.net

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 09:52:30 AM »
Thanks Okla Tom, I'll put it on the possible list, have no plans for that weekend, may just come down depending on Iowa March weather and road conditions. Would look forward to meetin shooters who have and haven't posted on this forum.
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 11:05:09 AM »
Of course. There is a fee but it's not much. We always welcome the public. That's one of the ways we get new members.

O look forward to meeting you.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2017, 07:51:34 PM »
Crow Choker, yes you are definitely welcome, last year we had 240 walk-ins over the
weekend. $5 for the day includes all the seminars. Or $60 for the whole weekend and
hopefully you will like our great group and decide to join

BTB
Born 110 years too late

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2017, 06:40:27 PM »
I spent the afternoon at the Buffalo Bill museum open house in Leclaire, doing living history
and I handed out about 40 flyers for the convention.

Last year we had 33 vendor tables, we are at about 50 now, but our conventioneer numbers are down
a bit so far. Although some people that were conventioneers last year have vendor tables. Remember
March 2nd is the cutoff for the $89 room rate so if you haven't reserved yet, better do it soon. And if
you or anyone you know is thinking about coming please get the registration sent in. I think we have
a very good convention set up, now we just need a bunch of our NCOWS family to make it special.

BTB
Born 110 years too late

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 08:58:04 AM »
Thank you all for the friendly invite's.

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2017, 10:50:23 AM »
I plan to have lead for sale again.  It will be pure sheet lead which I'll attempt to weigh to get a ball park figure.

Will Ketchum
Madison, WI

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2017, 08:20:12 PM »
Anastasia's books has graciously donated a complete set of the Time Life old west series, with the index, to be raffled off
at the convention, we will have tickets at the front table.

BTB
Born 110 years too late

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 420
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2017, 02:44:52 AM »
 :)
Thank you all for the friendly invite's.

You should try every effort .... You will meet a mindset of folks and feel like family, like you've known them forever. :D

Do go and enjoy, stay for the banquet...my bet you'll come away a member.

Davenport is a bit of bridge to far for me @ about 19 hours ,  @ 2.5 hour that's a breeze  :)

I've been to KC ( flew)  , Shepherdsville (drove 11 hours ) , and it was 17 hours to Springfield Mo. that was ONE long day.
After that one and drive home , I expect I have no more interest in solo marathon drives.  :-[ 

I even two day the 835 miles driving distance from Evansville, Indiana to Orlando, Florida for the NCOWS National.
And speaking of the National , and should you join NCOWS, go to that , just about 6 hours East.

If you go , I'll leave a light on for ya   

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2017, 09:13:06 AM »
:)
You should try every effort .... You will meet a mindset of folks and feel like family, like you've known them forever. :D

Do go and enjoy, stay for the banquet...my bet you'll come away a member.

Davenport is a bit of bridge to far for me @ about 19 hours ,  @ 2.5 hour that's a breeze  :)

I've been to KC ( flew)  , Shepherdsville (drove 11 hours ) , and it was 17 hours to Springfield Mo. that was ONE long day.
After that one and drive home , I expect I have no more interest in solo marathon drives.  :-[ 

I even two day the 835 miles driving distance from Evansville, Indiana to Orlando, Florida for the NCOWS National.
And speaking of the National , and should you join NCOWS, go to that , just about 6 hours East.

If you go , I'll leave a light on for ya   

I sure wish you could be there.  It appears as if we will most likely never get together again. You won't be at the conventions and I won't be at the shoots. Oh well it's been nice knowing you.

Pete
Madison, WI

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2017, 01:21:05 PM »
That might be just about the nicest invite ever ....I do miss our outings

let me recount my beans , and see what boils  ;D

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2017, 06:49:01 PM »
Major, Alliant airlines fly direct from Sanford (Orlando) to Moline. We flew down there a couple weeks ago, and watched
ticket prices, and for both of us it was only $420 roundtrip

BTB
Born 110 years too late

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2017, 06:58:52 PM »
And you didn't say hay !  :(

I was quoted $505  and that was 4 day return .....I'll check again....

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2017, 07:24:36 PM »

Hiram's Rangers will probably try to have a meeting, please let me know if there are any potential new recruits.   jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Cash Creek

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • In GOD we trust..all others cash only..
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2017, 11:13:32 AM »
Trap

We lost a Hiram's Rangers this week,  Kenneth E. Wright  # 50 pass on Friday.

Jay West
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire…handle with care.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com