Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2017, 08:31:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  NCOWS (Moderator: Will Ketchum)  |  Topic: 2017 convention 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2017 convention  (Read 9596 times)
OklaTom
NCOWS Secretary, NCOWS Life 172, GAF 719, SASS 73114, NRA Life, TSRA, Berger Sharp Shooters, Blue River Regulators, Kansas Vigilance Committee, Double M Cowboys
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Bryan Buck

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 10:43:30 am »

Question for you NCOWS Convention Organizers. Can a non-member of NCOWS, but friendly to ya, come to the convention on Saturday just to browse through the 'merchandiser's' offerings and maybe meet some of you. I'm around 2.5 hrs from Davenport, but would be interested in coming for a look-see. Never have joined NCOWS due to no posse's close to my area and prior to recent retirement, it was hard to attend a Saturday shoot to the one's that were 2-3 hrs drive from home. Seemed like always catch up work to do around acreage and/or family functions (that is if I wasn't digging, pushing, or hauling dirt on Sat at work).

Absolutely, Crow. We'd be happy to have you visit. Day passes are always available at the door. Look me up - I'm the Secretary and can answer any questions you might have.

"I druther have a pocket full of rocks than an empty gun..."

OklaTom@att.net

Crow Choker
Top Active Citizen

River Banker Extraordinaire

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 10:52:30 am »

Thanks Okla Tom, I'll put it on the possible list, have no plans for that weekend, may just come down depending on Iowa March weather and road conditions. Would look forward to meetin shooters who have and haven't posted on this forum.

Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo
Will Ketchum
Chief of Detectives
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Pete Ersland

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 12:05:09 pm »

Question for you NCOWS Convention Organizers. Can a non-member of NCOWS, but friendly to ya, come to the convention on Saturday just to browse through the 'merchandiser's' offerings and maybe meet some of you. I'm around 2.5 hrs from Davenport, but would be interested in coming for a look-see. Never have joined NCOWS due to no posse's close to my area and prior to recent retirement, it was hard to attend a Saturday shoot to the one's that were 2-3 hrs drive from home. Seemed like always catch up work to do around acreage and/or family functions (that is if I wasn't digging, pushing, or hauling dirt on Sat at work).
Of course. There is a fee but it's not much. We always welcome the public. That's one of the ways we get new members.

O look forward to meeting you.

Will Ketchum

Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI
bear tooth billy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

NCOWS Senator

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2017, 08:51:34 pm »

Crow Choker, yes you are definitely welcome, last year we had 240 walk-ins over the
weekend. $5 for the day includes all the seminars. Or $60 for the whole weekend and
hopefully you will like our great group and decide to join

BTB

Born 110 years too late
bear tooth billy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

NCOWS Senator

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2017, 07:40:27 pm »

I spent the afternoon at the Buffalo Bill museum open house in Leclaire, doing living history
and I handed out about 40 flyers for the convention.

Last year we had 33 vendor tables, we are at about 50 now, but our conventioneer numbers are down
a bit so far. Although some people that were conventioneers last year have vendor tables. Remember
March 2nd is the cutoff for the $89 room rate so if you haven't reserved yet, better do it soon. And if
you or anyone you know is thinking about coming please get the registration sent in. I think we have
a very good convention set up, now we just need a bunch of our NCOWS family to make it special.

BTB

Born 110 years too late
Crow Choker
Top Active Citizen

River Banker Extraordinaire

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 09:58:04 am »

Thank you all for the friendly invite's.

Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo
Will Ketchum
Chief of Detectives
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Pete Ersland

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2017, 11:50:23 am »

I plan to have lead for sale again.  It will be pure sheet lead which I'll attempt to weigh to get a ball park figure.

Will Ketchum

Madison, WI
bear tooth billy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

NCOWS Senator

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2017, 09:20:12 pm »

Anastasia's books has graciously donated a complete set of the Time Life old west series, with the index, to be raffled off
at the convention, we will have tickets at the front table.

BTB

Born 110 years too late
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2017, 03:44:52 am »

Smiley
Thank you all for the friendly invite's.

You should try every effort .... You will meet a mindset of folks and feel like family, like you've known them forever. Cheesy

Do go and enjoy, stay for the banquet...my bet you'll come away a member.

Davenport is a bit of bridge to far for me @ about 19 hours ,  @ 2.5 hour that's a breeze  Smiley

I've been to KC ( flew)  , Shepherdsville (drove 11 hours ) , and it was 17 hours to Springfield Mo. that was ONE long day.
After that one and drive home , I expect I have no more interest in solo marathon drives.  Embarrassed 

I even two day the 835 miles driving distance from Evansville, Indiana to Orlando, Florida for the NCOWS National.
And speaking of the National , and should you join NCOWS, go to that , just about 6 hours East.

If you go , I'll leave a light on for ya   

Will Ketchum
Chief of Detectives
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Pete Ersland

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2017, 10:13:06 am »

Smiley
You should try every effort .... You will meet a mindset of folks and feel like family, like you've known them forever. Cheesy

Do go and enjoy, stay for the banquet...my bet you'll come away a member.

Davenport is a bit of bridge to far for me @ about 19 hours ,  @ 2.5 hour that's a breeze  Smiley

I've been to KC ( flew)  , Shepherdsville (drove 11 hours ) , and it was 17 hours to Springfield Mo. that was ONE long day.
After that one and drive home , I expect I have no more interest in solo marathon drives.  Embarrassed 

I even two day the 835 miles driving distance from Evansville, Indiana to Orlando, Florida for the NCOWS National.
And speaking of the National , and should you join NCOWS, go to that , just about 6 hours East.

If you go , I'll leave a light on for ya   

I sure wish you could be there.  It appears as if we will most likely never get together again. You won't be at the conventions and I won't be at the shoots. Oh well it's been nice knowing you.

Pete

Madison, WI
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2017, 02:21:05 pm »

That might be just about the nicest invite ever ....I do miss our outings

let me recount my beans , and see what boils  Grin
bear tooth billy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

NCOWS Senator

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2017, 07:49:01 pm »

Major, Alliant airlines fly direct from Sanford (Orlando) to Moline. We flew down there a couple weeks ago, and watched
ticket prices, and for both of us it was only $420 roundtrip

BTB

Born 110 years too late
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2017, 07:58:52 pm »

And you didn't say hay !  Sad

I was quoted $505  and that was 4 day return .....I'll check again....

Trap
NCOWS
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

John Torrence

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2017, 08:24:36 pm »

Hiram's Rangers will probably try to have a meeting, please let me know if there are any potential new recruits.   jt

Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688
Cash Creek
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

In GOD we trust..all others cash only..

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2017, 12:13:32 pm »

Trap

We lost a Hiram's Rangers this week,  Kenneth E. Wright  # 50 pass on Friday.

Jay West

Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire…handle with care.
Trap
NCOWS
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

John Torrence

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2017, 04:07:51 pm »

Sorry to hear that. Lost too many rangers lately.   jt

Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688
bear tooth billy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

NCOWS Senator

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2017, 07:09:28 pm »

Some last convention things. Remember we are at a different location than last year, the Radisson, 111 East 2nd St. Pull
up front and check in first, and you will get a free parking pass. I could not get free breakfast thrown in on the deal, but there
is a restaurant there, and several more close by. We would appreciate any items for door prizes at the banquet. The long range
weather forecast looks good for those of you driving, so everyone should have good roads.
 So I'm very much looking forward to seeing everyone, drive safely and we'll see you soon.

BTB

Born 110 years too late
Will Ketchum
Chief of Detectives
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Pete Ersland

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2017, 05:00:41 pm »

I did mention that I'd have lead again this year. It will probably be the last time I have it since my supplier has dried up.
I haven't heard from anyone that they want lead so perhaps I shouldn't bother to bring it.

Will Ketchum

Madison, WI
OklaTom
NCOWS Secretary, NCOWS Life 172, GAF 719, SASS 73114, NRA Life, TSRA, Berger Sharp Shooters, Blue River Regulators, Kansas Vigilance Committee, Double M Cowboys
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Bryan Buck

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2017, 05:45:21 pm »

I did mention that I'd have lead again this year. It will probably be the last time I have it since my supplier has dried up.
I haven't heard from anyone that they want lead so perhaps I shouldn't bother to bring it.

Will Ketchum

I will likely want some, depending on your asking price. Do you have anything but pure lead?  Like alloyed with tin and antimony?

OklaTom@att.net

Will Ketchum
Chief of Detectives
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Pete Ersland

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2017, 08:09:50 pm »

No just pure lead. I do have a half of coffee can of wheel weights but I wasn't going to bring that. As for price I have no idea. Usually I let the buyers tell me what the going price is.
I think last year it was around $1.50 per pound. I only have a canning scale to measure with so it's a ball park figure.

Will Ketchum

Madison, WI
OklaTom
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Bryan Buck

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2017, 08:32:01 pm »

No just pure lead. I do have a half of coffee can of wheel weights but I wasn't going to bring that. As for price I have no idea. Usually I let the buyers tell me what the going price is.
I think last year it was around $1.50 per pound. I only have a canning scale to measure with so it's a ball park figure.

Will Ketchum

Count me in for 40 pounds if you have that much, Will.

OklaTom@att.net

Books OToole
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Michael Tatham

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2017, 10:11:48 am »

I'll take 10 lbs.

Books

G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.
Two Bit Charlie
NCOWS
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2017, 11:23:41 am »

I'll take some Will. 50 pounds or so, or what ever you have left.

Reed "Two-Bit Charlie" Van Ness
Tascosa Joe
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2017, 08:53:40 pm »

I would like 10-20

NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life,
Tascosa Joe
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2017, 09:03:27 pm »

It is over.  We had over 300 walk ins, great seminars and lots of fun.

NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  NCOWS (Moderator: Will Ketchum)  |  Topic: 2017 convention « previous next »
Jump to: